Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » eclipse Kura installation(Unclear installation information)
eclipse Kura installation [message #1715690] Wed, 25 November 2015 09:54 Go to next message
Ahmet Ekrem SABAN is currently offline Ahmet Ekrem SABANFriend
Hello!

I am using eclipse for a decade or so, but I am new to eclipse Kura. In a new project for our customer, we are installing the environment on Linux [version 3.16.0-4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 4.8.4 (Debian 4.8.4-1) ) #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u3 (2015-08-04)] that hopefully will communicate over OPC DA with the devices in the customer's factory. While installing, I reached the point Development Environment Installation, where it is written under item (3) that a Kura user workspace archive should be downloaded from "https://s3.amazonaws.com/kura_downloads/user_workspace//user_workspace_archive_.zip"[, where the file name is actually something like user_workspace_archive_0.7.0.zip]. When I go to this page, I get the error:
Mit dieser XML-Datei sind anscheinend keine Style-Informationen verknüpft. Nachfolgend wird die Baum-Ansicht des Dokuments angezeigt.

which means in English: "With this XML file, there seems to be no associated style information. Following, the tree view of the document is displayed."

I do not know much about installation on Linux, but I know that a ZIP file should not have an XML representation. Do you know where I can get the Kura user workspace archive?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards!
Ekrem
Re: eclipse Kura installation [message #1715691 is a reply to message #1715690] Wed, 25 November 2015 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Said Ucar is currently offline Said UcarFriend
Hi Ahmet,

You can download the user workspace this link;
https://www.eclipse.org/kura/downloads.php

Depends on your need (with web or without web) you can download userworkspace, links are at the bottom of link list.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2015 10:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: eclipse Kura installation [message #1715692 is a reply to message #1715691] Wed, 25 November 2015 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your quick reply, Mustafa. But accoring to item 3, the location you suggest contains the archive "without Kura web UI". Is that a problem? And I miss the words "Kura user workspace" or "user workspace" there.

Best regards!
Ekrem

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2015 10:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: eclipse Kura installation [message #1715695 is a reply to message #1715692] Wed, 25 November 2015 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Said Ucar is currently offline Said UcarFriend
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you ask, but, the download link for workspace (named Developer's Workspace (with Web UI)) at the bottom of right column is what you need to develop Kura application.
Re: eclipse Kura installation [message #1715697 is a reply to message #1715695] Wed, 25 November 2015 10:19 Go to previous message
That's what I needed. Thank you very much, Mustafa!

Best regards!
Ekrem
Previous Topic:Device IO Properties Files
Next Topic:Bundle errors after Kura upgrading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:30:47 GMT 2024