Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH
Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH [message #1715445] Mon, 23 November 2015 16:09 Go to next message
Judith Hoereth is currently offline Judith HoerethFriend
I tried to set up a ssh connection in order to be able to pull git repositories with EGit in Eclipse via ssh. (I'm using Eclipse Luna). For this I used instructions given on the Eclipse Wiki.

I went to Eclipse --> Windows --> Preferences --> General --> Network Connection --> SSH2 --> Key Management --> Generate RSA Key and tried to export the key via the "Export via SFTP" Button. I entered githubID@git.eclipse.org but instead of exporting my key, an error appeared on top of the window ("failed to export ssh key to remote server")

I did the whole process a few month ago (that worked) and only wanted to redo this, because pulling my repository caused an error. Old pull Error: ssh://githubID@git.eclipse.org/gitroot/myproject.git: Session.connect: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read

I have read about an update of EGit and updated it as well as trying the whole process on a new laptop, but the error also occurs in the new laptop with a new Eclipse.

Does anybody knows a solution for my problem? Thank you in advance!

P.S. My Eclipse password expired a few months ago, when I was on holiday. I reset it and I'm able to login the Eclipse Homepage, but maybe I have to change my password on another platform?
Re: Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH [message #1715472 is a reply to message #1715445] Mon, 23 November 2015 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
I assume you wanted to ask this in the EGit forum?
Re: Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH [message #1715496 is a reply to message #1715445] Tue, 24 November 2015 06:03 Go to previous message
Judith Hoereth is currently offline Judith HoerethFriend
Oh thank you. Haven't seen that, sorry.
Can I remove that thread on my own? I can't find a button for this...

[Updated on: Tue, 24 November 2015 06:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Suggest A Book For Mobile Apps Development
Next Topic:Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:54:12 GMT 2024