Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Error During Clean of the Debug Build Project (Error During run of Clean Error)
Error During Clean of the Debug Build Project [message #1715372] Mon, 23 November 2015 04:57 Go to next message
Raghavendra Puranik is currently offline Raghavendra PuranikFriend
index.php/fa/24050/0/Hello,

I am new to Eclipse.

I have integrated GHS Compiler into the Eclipse C/C++ (Indigo version) and i face problem during clean of the project.

I have let the eclipse to generated the makefile as default

I have added the makefile and screenshot of the error during clean of project.
The build is fine with no error.

index.php/fa/24050/0/

Kindly let me know what is the root cause and how can i resolve it.

Regards,
Raghavendra P
Re: Error During Clean of the Debug Build Project [message #1715487 is a reply to message #1715372] Tue, 24 November 2015 02:31 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
The problem is "The system cannot find the file specified".
It means one (or more) of the files listed above the message aren't being found.
Why is perhaps the question and I can't answer that. Too bad make doesn't say which file is missing.

This error some times happens when using, for example, "rm *.o" instead of "rm -f *.o" and there are no *.o files.

I searched Google for "make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified" and got the following which may help you understand the problem
https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/593750
https://sites.google.com/site/opensourceconstriubtions/ettl-martin-1/tutorials/how-to-solve-following-makefile-error-on-windows-7-make-e-2-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified

Neither may be directly applicable but both suggest something is wrong with your configuration. Perhaps an incomplete project or a missing PATH element. There are other links so I suggest you try Google to see them.

Previous Topic:Type make: *** [unitTest1] Error 1
Next Topic:Linker issues and pkg-config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:41:18 GMT 2024