Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Trouble importing Atmel ASF project(Eclipse doesn't recognize ASF demo project files)
Trouble importing Atmel ASF project [message #1715316] Sat, 21 November 2015 22:07 Go to next message
Dallas Clement is currently offline Dallas ClementFriend
Hi All,

I am new to Eclipse and am trying to use in a Linux environment to develop for an Atmel SAM D21 Explained Pro development board. The Atmel Software Framework has a led toggle demo project which I am trying to import into Eclipse so that I can build and run. However, Eclipse does not seem to recognize the demo project gcc files which are:

config.mk
Makefile
asf.h

Can anyone offer me some clues on how I can get Eclipse to recognize these files and make a project?

I am running Eclipse for C/C++ Developers, Mars.1 Release 4.5.1

Thanks,

Dallas
Re: Trouble importing Atmel ASF project [message #1715490 is a reply to message #1715316] Tue, 24 November 2015 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
What kind of project is this? Autotools?
What exactly are you doing?

I don't let Eclipse run config files. It sometimes doesn't think they need to be run during a build probably because Eclipse isn't aware of some of the dependencies.

Instead, I import the code into a CDT makefile project
File ==> Import ==> C/C++==> Existing Code as Makefile Project.
(If it's an autotools project you could use the Autotools Project instead)
then use the makefile by selecting targets with the Target View.
Window ==> Show View ==> Make ==> Make Target
although all and clean are already available under Project as Build Project and Clean ...

Since it's usually rare to execute the config.mk more than once or twice I do that manually in a command window.

Don't know offhand why you have a problem with asf.h. Perhaps you could show why you think it's unrecognized.
Re: Trouble importing Atmel ASF project [message #1716421 is a reply to message #1715490] Thu, 03 December 2015 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for taking so long to answer your questions.

> What kind of project is this? Autotools?
> What exactly are you doing?

This is an Atmel embedded micro-controller project. Pardon my ignorance, because I have never used Atmel products or Eclipse before. I'm an old-fashioned Linux command-line tools guy, gnu make, gnu gcc etc.

Atmel has a demo project for the microcontroller board I am trying to use. I simply want to build this project and run it on my eval board. Atmel provides a Windows IDE which I believe is based on Eclipse. I am allergic to Windows, and just wanting to import this project into Linux / Eclipse, build, and run.

I'm not sure what kind of format this config.mk file is. I have attached for you to take a look at.

Thanks for your help!

• Attachment: Makefile
    (Size: 2.13KB, Downloaded 221 times)
  • Attachment: config.mk
    (Size: 6.04KB, Downloaded 216 times)
  • Attachment: asf.h
    (Size: 2.97KB, Downloaded 274 times)
Re: Trouble importing Atmel ASF project [message #1716425 is a reply to message #1716421] Thu, 03 December 2015 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again David. Sorry to reply to my own post. I got things to work eventually. I was able to import the config.mk and Makefile into Eclipse in the manner you prescribed. Was able to build it successfully after updating the toolchain path. It's a miracle! Thanks for the tips.
Re: Trouble importing Atmel ASF project [message #1729778 is a reply to message #1716425] Tue, 19 April 2016 00:00 Go to previous message
Eleftherios Kampianakis is currently offline Eleftherios KampianakisFriend
Hi,

I am having the same issue but I can't seem to import the project to the workspace. Iam using eclipse CDT Mars on ubuntu 14.04.

Particularly, I have tried both importing existing projects into workspace and new project from makefile but still I can't get my project to be imported properly. Can someone please advise. (3rd day trying to install the toolchain for linux )
Previous Topic:Function 'xyz' could not be resolved
Next Topic:How to create a new project in a working set?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 03:01:18 GMT 2024