Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » how to receive MQTT messages using the DataService?
how to receive MQTT messages using the DataService? [message #1715163] Thu, 19 November 2015 17:20 Go to next message
Sabrina anirbas is currently offline Sabrina anirbasFriend
Hello,

How can I receive the MQTT messages published on a specific topic? I can publish messages on the MQTT broker but I dont know how to receive messages?

Here is my component xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<scr:component xmlns:scr="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/scr/v1.1.0" activate="activate" deactivate="deactivate" name="arduinoCommunicator">
   <implementation class="arduinoCommunicator.ArduinoCommunicator"/>
   <reference bind="setDataService" cardinality="1..1" interface="org.eclipse.kura.data.DataService" name="DataService" policy="static" unbind="unsetDataService"/>
   <service>
      <provide interface="org.eclipse.kura.data.DataServiceListener"/>
   </service>
</scr:component>

Here is my bundle activator class, I only kept the needed code, I implement the DataServiceListener, I subscribe to the topic on the onConnectionEstablished() and I imagine that I got the message on the function onMessageArrived, the problem is I don't see the logs that the subscription has been made and the function onMessageArrived() is not executed:

public class ArduinoCommunicator implements DataServiceListener {
public static DataService dataService; 

@Override
public void onConnectionEstablished() {
    String topic="egmkey/device2/cmd/PING";
    System.out.println("connection has been established");
    try {
        ArduinoCommunicator.dataService.subscribe(topic, 1);//egmkey/device2/cmd/PING
        System.out.println("subscription done to topic"+topic);
    } catch (KuraException e) {
        System.out.println("failed to subscribe: "+ e);
    }
}

@Override
    public void onMessageArrived(String topic, byte[] payload, int qos, boolean retained) {
        System.out.println("message received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:"+topic);
    }
}

What have I missed to be able to receive MQTT messages using DataService on KURA? Thanks.
Re: how to receive MQTT messages using the DataService? [message #1715188 is a reply to message #1715163] Fri, 20 November 2015 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Is that the entire class? If so, you are missing the setDataService and unsetDataService methods. If that is only a part of the code, read below.

Can you please login to the OSGi console and provide the output of the 'ls' command? To do this, follow these steps:

1. Login to device running Kura
2. Issue command: telnet localhost 5002
3. At the OSGi prompt, type: ls

Also, check for errors in the log files (/var/log/kura.log and /var/log/kura-console.log).

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: how to receive MQTT messages using the DataService? [message #1715216 is a reply to message #1715188] Fri, 20 November 2015 10:24 Go to previous message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Sabrina,

I've answered your question on Stack Overflow. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33810131/kura-how-to-receive-mqtt-messages-using-the-dataservice/33811369#33811369

Previous Topic:Errors starting kura with greenhouse example
Next Topic:404 ProxyServlet: /kura
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:32:25 GMT 2024