Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Exporting Service from Composite Subsystem(Exporting Service from Composite Subsystem does not work. Any ideas?)
Exporting Service from Composite Subsystem [message #1714552] Fri, 13 November 2015 13:57
Timo Rohrberg is currently offline Timo RohrbergFriend
Hello everybody,

I have the following setup (see attached ZIP):

- An OSGi/Equinox runtime with Apache Aries Subsystem implementation.
- Two composite subsystems in the folder subsystems.
- The first subsystem de.vitasystems.example.subsystems.dc.commands consists of only one bundle de.vitasystems.example.subsystems.services.helloworld which registers the HelloWorldCommandProvider class as an implementation for the org.eclipse.osgi.framework.console.CommandProvider service.
- The second subsystem de.vitasystems.platform.services.persistence.dc consists of two bundles de.vitasystems.platform.services.persistence and de.vitasystems.platform.services.persistence.impl. The first of them defines the service de.vitasystems.platform.services.persistence.PersistenceService and the second of them provides and registers an implementation for it de.vitasystems.platform.services.persistence.impl.internal.PersistenceServiceImpl.

Whenever I start the OSGi runtime now and execute the following commands one after another, my two subsystems are correctly installed and started:

subsystem:install file:subsystems/de.vitasystems.example.subsystems.dc.commands-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.esa
subsystem:install file:subsystems/de.vitasystems.platform.services.persistence.dc-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.esa
subsystem:start 1
subsystem:start 2

However, the org.eclipse.osgi.framework.console.CommandProvider service of the first subsystem is correctly registered, whereas the de.vitasystems.platform.services.persistence.PersistenceService service of the second subsystem is not.

I just don't see what is wrong... The only difference is that the interface of the provided service is once provided by the OSGi/Equinox framework and in the other case within the second subsystem. But that should not make a difference, right? I am exporting the two services correctly in the SUBSYSTEM.MF file...

Do you guys have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards
Timo
Previous Topic:Configuring a ManagedServiceFactory with org.eclipse.equinox.cm
Next Topic:Versioning for RCP update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:48:39 GMT 2024