Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner
Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner [message #1714468] Thu, 12 November 2015 21:07 Go to next message
Simon Delisle is currently offline Simon DelisleFriend
When I try to run my test case with maven + RCPTT runner, it fail every time and the cause is : The Editor "model.di" could not be found. The editor is not open because there is a problem in this command : get-view $projectExplorer | get-tree | select model_creation/model | double-click.

This problem doesn't occur when I run the test with the "replay" button in RCPTT, the test pass and everything is ok, but when I launch it with maven it fail.

Is there a bug in RCPTT Runner about the "select" in a tree ?
Maybe it is caused by GTK3, but in this case the two methods would lead to a fail.

Thank you
Re: Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner [message #1714721 is a reply to message #1714468] Mon, 16 November 2015 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Simon,

No, there is no any problem with Runner selection in a tree.
Could you please add wait 200 ECL command after double-click action and check if the problem still exists?

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Re: Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner [message #1714781 is a reply to message #1714721] Mon, 16 November 2015 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I tried with a wait because I thought my test machine was slower, but even with a long wait the editor was never opened. I also tried to select and double click on each node that leads to the element I want to open to see if it was a problem with RCPTT that can't find the element since the tree is not fully loaded.
I will try to clarify my problem. I'm testing Papyrus and I need to open a model form the project explorer. To achieve that I have an ECL script (context) that contain a procedure to open a model. The procedure is basically "get-view $projectExplorer | get-tree | select model_creation/model | double-click". Note, that I have also tried without a script and the result is the same. When I launch the test from the IDE everything works, but not with maven with the runner (2.1.0-SNAPSHOT).
Maybe I can use a context to pre-open the editor (if it is possible) ? But the problem remain if I want to test the opening itself in the future.

Thank you
Re: Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner [message #1714835 is a reply to message #1714781] Tue, 17 November 2015 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Simon,

Could you please attach a test (exported in RCPTT format)?

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Re: Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner [message #1714921 is a reply to message #1714835] Tue, 17 November 2015 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ulyana,

Here is a simple test case that reproduce my problem.
Note that I run the test on the nightly build of Papyrus.

Thank you
Re: Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner [message #1714995 is a reply to message #1714921] Wed, 18 November 2015 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Simon,

I could just successfully execute the test on both RCPTT IDE and maven, with no wait command added.

I've just modified test by adding get-editor command to verify that the editor can be opened.

get-view "Project Explorer" | get-tree | select "tree_selection/model" | double-click
get-editor "model.di" 

So I could observe that the editor is successfully opened by double-click on a tree, no wait command is needed.

Could you please attach generated HTML report please?

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Re: Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner [message #1715045 is a reply to message #1714995] Wed, 18 November 2015 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ulyana,

I investigated more and maybe I found something in the html report. In fact, it seems that RCPTT can't set the selection because the name of the item is not the same as the one specify in the test case. In my case, when I run my tests on Jenkins, I clone a git repo that contain the tests and all my projects/pom that are necessary, including the rcptt project.
The version of Papyrus that I build contains EGit and with EGit comes some decoration in the project explorer tree. In my example, the project "tree_selection" is displayed as "> tree_selection [my-git-repo]" when I set the workspace context. So when I try to execute the test the item "tree_selection" does not exist, but if I run the test with "select "> tree_selection [my-git-repo]/model"" instead, it works.
The problem is that RCPTT capture the decorators created by EGit.

- Is this the expected behavior or it should get the good string ?
- Is it possible to use regular expression to solve this problem ?

ps: I can now reproduce the problem inside the IDE. In fact, the workspace created with the IDE is outside the git repo so there is no decorator, but with maven the workspace is created inside the git folder.

Thank you

Simon
Re: Unexpected results with RCPTT Runner [message #1715079 is a reply to message #1715045] Thu, 19 November 2015 03:52 Go to previous message
Hi Simon,

Yes, using regular expressions you can solve the issue.
E.g.:

get-view "Project Explorer" | get-tree | select "tree_selection/model.*" | double-click

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Is Linux_framebuffer compatible with RCPTT ?
Next Topic:Issues when recording sub- client.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 15:45:32 GMT 2024