Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Exception on code coverage report (v8.2)(Blank password exception on generate coverage report using Jacoco)
Exception on code coverage report (v8.2) [message #1714195] Tue, 10 November 2015 16:17 Go to next message
Dermot Griffin is currently offline Dermot GriffinFriend
Hello, I've just installed Jubula 8.2.0.20 standalone.
I'm trying to get code coverage working with Java 8.

I've enabled the monitoring in my AUT configuration as follows,
- Monitoring-Agent: Jacoco
- Package pattern: <blank>
- Installation Directory: <location of my installed AUT>/plugins
- Source Directory: <blank>

In Jubula I open the "Test Result Summary" view.
Click on the drop down for Report: Test History Absolute and Coverage.
Web browser opens, and some parameters can be entered for the report. I simply clicked OK without modifying them.
I get the exception given below. Note, in my "Properties" view of the item selected in the "Test Result Summary" I can see code coverage results, - all the results are zero.
Do I need to include Jacoco plug-ins with my AUT?

Exception being reported is,

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ParameterValidationException: Required parameter DB_PASSWD is blank.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.validateStringParameter(EngineTask.java:956)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.validateParameterValueType(EngineTask.java:925)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.validateAbstractScalarParameter(EngineTask.java:862)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.access$0(EngineTask.java:789)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterValidationVisitor.visitScalarParameter(EngineTask.java:706)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterVisitor.visitParametersInGroup(EngineTask.java:1453)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterValidationVisitor.visitParameterGroup(EngineTask.java:732)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterVisitor.visit(EngineTask.java:1521)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.doValidateParameters(EngineTask.java:692)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:214)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:86)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(ReportEngineService.java:1325)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:158)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportActionHandler.__execute(BirtRunReportActionHandler.java:81)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.runReport(BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.java:58)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.java:52)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:100)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
Re: Exception on code coverage report (v8.2) [message #1714198 is a reply to message #1714195] Tue, 10 November 2015 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

You seem to be having a problem with the birt reports - they aren't necessary for looking at code coverage: just add the monitoring agent and value columns in the test result summary view.
The usual reasons for there being 0% code coverage is that the package pattern is invalid, or the source directory is wrong. What happens if you add a package pattern?

Also, is there anything in the logs, and which database are you using?

Thanks for the extra info.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Exception on code coverage report (v8.2) [message #1714283 is a reply to message #1714198] Wed, 11 November 2015 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dermot Griffin is currently offline Dermot GriffinFriend
Thanks for replying Alex.
After a fresh look at it again this morning, I discovered my AUT was pointing to the install directory instead of the working directory.
Once I changed this I got measured values.

I will need the generated Birt reports for code coverage in the future but for now the metrics will do.
If I can't figure out my issue with generating the Birt reports I'll re-open this topic as I'm still getting the reported "Required parameter DB_PASSWD is blank." exception.

Thank you for you help Alex.

Re: Exception on code coverage report (v8.2) [message #1714296 is a reply to message #1714283] Wed, 11 November 2015 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Dermot!

I'm happy that you got the first thing solved Smile

Something about the birt reports is ringing a bell - maybe issues with the embedded Eclipse browser? If you can't figure it out, post a new entry with details of your system etc and we'll see what we can find.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Exception on code coverage report (v8.2) [message #1714888 is a reply to message #1714296] Tue, 17 November 2015 13:41 Go to previous message
Luca Da Rin Fioretto is currently offline Luca Da Rin FiorettoFriend
Hello,

I have encountered the same problem.

I'm still learning Jubula so I'm writing some tests for the DVDTool (Jubula's toy example) and I'm using the Default Embedded Database (H2). After writing a bunch of tests I ran them and then check the results in the Tests Result Summary panel in the Functional Test Reporting perspective. I can export tests results without problems but if I try the "Create ITE BIRT Report > Test Result Summary" the web browser fires up on the BIRT Report Viewer, then no matter what parameter I enter, I always get:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ParameterValidationException: Required parameter DB_PASSWD is blank.
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.validateStringParameter(EngineTask.java:956)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.validateParameterValueType(EngineTask.java:925)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.validateAbstractScalarParameter(EngineTask.java:862)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.access$0(EngineTask.java:789)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterValidationVisitor.visitScalarParameter(EngineTask.java:706)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterVisitor.visitParametersInGroup(EngineTask.java:1453)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterValidationVisitor.visitParameterGroup(EngineTask.java:732)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterVisitor.visit(EngineTask.java:1521)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.doValidateParameters(EngineTask.java:692)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:214)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:86)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(ReportEngineService.java:1325)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:158)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportActionHandler.__execute(BirtRunReportActionHandler.java:81)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.runReport(BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.java:58)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.java:52)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:100)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
   at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
   at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
   at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
   at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
   at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:128)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:60)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.service(HttpServerManager.java:360)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:684)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:503)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:229)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:429)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:370)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:494)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:982)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1043)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:865)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:240)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:696)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:53)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I noticed that the URL to get there has a DB_PASSWD as GET parameter:
http://127.0.0.1:56324/viewer/frameset?__report=%2Fhome%2Flucadrf%2Fjubula_8.2.0.021%2Fjubula%2Fplugins%2Fcom.bredexsw.guidancer.reporting.birt.viewer_8.2.0.201510211315%2Freports%2FTestresult+Summary.rptdesign&__format=html&__svg=true&__locale=en_US&__timezone=Iceland&__masterpage=true&__rtl=false&__cubememsize=10&__resourceFolder=&__dpi=96&JDBC_Driver=org.h2.Driver&DB_CONNECTION_STRING=jdbc:h2:~/.jubula/database/embedded;MVCC=TRUE;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE&P_ID=19524&DB_PASSWD=&DB_USER=sa&-1255080150

And in fact it's blank. The problem is that I don't know what is the password for the Default DB.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Luca

[Updated on: Wed, 18 November 2015 09:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Client API: How to start AUT via launch configuration
Next Topic:Object Mapping in Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 21:33:05 GMT 2024