Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Cannot resolve project dependencies: org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro(mvn will not compile ESH completely due to missing dependency org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro)
Cannot resolve project dependencies: org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro [message #1714039] Mon, 09 November 2015 14:02 Go to next message
Harrison Ssamanya is currently offline Harrison SsamanyaFriend
Hello ESH friends,
For some days now I have been trying to install ESH. But no matter which method I use, I can't seem to get around the problem below.
tools:
- win 10 x64bit, jdk 8 x86
- maven 3.3.3
- eclipse mars x86 bit

1) using Git, I cloned the ESH to my pc.
2) I create a workspace folder and with eclipse Mars and I create my project in there.
3) I execute "mvn clean install" to get down the dependencies to my ".m2" directory. and here an error happens.

[INFO] {osgi.os=linux, osgi.ws=gtk, org.eclipse.update.install.features=true, osgi.arch=x86}
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.transform 0.8.0.qualifier
[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item 0.8.0.qualifier requires 'bundle org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro 0.0.0' but it could not be found
[ERROR] Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.transform 0.8.0.qualifier depends on: package org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.engine.action 0.0.0
[ERROR] Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script 0.8.0.qualifier depends on: bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item 0.0.0

My analysis:
maven tries to pull down "org.eclipse.xtend.xxxx" bundles into folder: "..\.m2\repository\org\eclipse\xtend\" for the smarthome project.
e.g: org.eclipse.xtend.core, org.eclipse.xtend.lib, xtend-maven-plugin version 2.6.0

However, the smarthome project also requires a bundle: "org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro".
As manually observed on the Maven repository site, this bundle exists only in versions higher than 2.6.0. (e.g: 2.7.x) and I think thats why
maven throws the error above, since it tries to get org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro - version 2.6.0 (or 0.0.0) which does not exist.

Goal:
I would love to influence maven to get down for example version 2.7.3 of all these bundles, but I dont know how to do this.
or any other solution would be welcomed. Thanks
Re: Cannot resolve project dependencies: org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro [message #1714052 is a reply to message #1714039] Mon, 09 November 2015 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
The Xtend version configured in the target platform is 2.6.2, see https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/targetplatform/smarthome.target#L89

In https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/bundles/model/org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF#L8, I do not see any dependency to the bundle org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro, so I do not understand why you get this error.

Can you find a reference to org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro anywhere in your code? https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=macro does not give me any hits...
Re: Cannot resolve project dependencies: org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro [message #1714106 is a reply to message #1714052] Mon, 09 November 2015 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Kai,
thanx for the quick reply.

As in the manifest of "org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item", this bundle " org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro"
has been specified as one of the bundles required for the operation of ""..smarthome.model.item"
The other affected bundles includes: "org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.ui"

Below is a snapshot of the manifest in text and image.

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Eclipse SmartHome Item Model
Bundle-Vendor: openHABorg
Bundle-Version: 0.8.0.qualifier
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item;singleton:=true
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.xtext,
org.eclipse.xtext.generator;resolution:=optional,
org.apache.commons.logging;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch;resolution:=optional,
com.ibm.icu;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.xtext.util,
org.eclipse.emf.ecore;visibility:=reexport,
org.eclipse.emf.common,
org.antlr.runtime,
org.eclipse.xtext.common.types,
org.eclipse.smarthome.model.lazygen;resolution:=optional,
com.google.guava,
org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib,
org.eclipse.xtend.lib,
org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro

Thanks again.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 November 2015 22:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot resolve project dependencies: org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro [message #1714138 is a reply to message #1714106] Tue, 10 November 2015 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Your IDE clearly shows that these files have been modified. The original is this one: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/bundles/model/org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF#L20

Please try a new checkout and don't even launch the IDE before running the maven build. All should work smoothly then.
Re: Cannot resolve project dependencies: org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro [message #1714206 is a reply to message #1714138] Tue, 10 November 2015 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Kai,
thanks again for your help.
As you suggested, I dropped the whole clone and got down a new one. Till now, I have avoided importing the project into the IDE.
I have executed the "mvn clean install", but got another problem while building the "Building Eclipse SmartHome Model"

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Eclipse SmartHome Model Script 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script ---
[INFO] Deleting F:\GitFork\smarthome\bundles\model\org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script\xtend-gen (includes = [**], excludes = [.gitignore])
[INFO]
[INFO] --- tycho-packaging-plugin:0.23.1:build-qualifier (default-build-qualifier) @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script ---
[INFO] The project's OSGi version is 0.8.0.201511101530
[INFO]
[INFO] --- tycho-packaging-plugin:0.23.1:validate-id (default-validate-id) @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- tycho-packaging-plugin:0.23.1:validate-version (default-validate-version) @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script ---
[INFO]
[INFO] >>> exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (default) > validate @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script >>>
[INFO]
[INFO] --- tycho-packaging-plugin:0.23.1:build-qualifier (default-build-qualifier) @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script ---
[INFO] The project's OSGi version is 0.8.0.201511101530
[INFO]
[INFO] --- tycho-packaging-plugin:0.23.1:validate-id (default-validate-id) @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- tycho-packaging-plugin:0.23.1:validate-version (default-validate-version) @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script ---
[INFO]
[INFO] <<< exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (default) < validate @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script <<<
[INFO]
[INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (default) @ org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script ---
0 INFO StandaloneSetup - Registering platform uri 'F:\GitFork\smarthome\bundles\model'
342 INFO StandaloneSetup - Adding generated EPackage 'org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.XbasePackage'
493 INFO GenModelHelper - Registered GenModel 'http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/Xbase/XAnnotations' from 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase/model/Xbase.genmodel'
496 INFO GenModelHelper - Registered GenModel 'http://www.eclipse.org/xtext/xbase/Xtype' from 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase/model/Xbase.genmodel'
504 INFO GenModelHelper - Registered GenModel 'http://www.eclipse.org/xtext/xbase/Xbase' from 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase/model/Xbase.genmodel'
504 INFO GenModelHelper - Registered GenModel 'http://www.eclipse.org/xtext/common/JavaVMTypes' from 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.xtext.common.types/model/JavaVMTypes.genmodel'
1115 INFO StandaloneSetup - Adding generated EPackage 'org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.TypesPackage'
1122 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning F:\GitFork\smarthome\bundles\model\org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script\src-gen
1123 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning F:\GitFork\smarthome\bundles\model\org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.ui\src-gen
3447 INFO GenModelHelper - Registered GenModel 'http://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/model/Script' from 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script/model/generated/Script.genmodel'
error(10): internal error: org.antlr.tool.Grammar.createLookaheadDFA(Grammar.java:1279): could not even do k=1 for decision 99; reason: timed out (>1000ms)

44327 INFO CompareFragment - generating Compare Framework infrastructure
44338 ERROR Mwe2Launcher - Problems running workflow org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.GenerateScript:
[ERROR]: GeneratorException: (Element: -UNKNOWN-; Reported by: LazyGenerator)
org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.AntlrToolFacade.runWithEncodingAndParams(AntlrToolFacade.java:183)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment.generate(XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment.java:85)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.DefaultGeneratorFragment.generate(DefaultGeneratorFragment.java:122)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.CompositeGeneratorFragment.generate(CompositeGeneratorFragment.java:154)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.lazygen.LazyLanguageConfig.generate(LazyLanguageConfig.java:71)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.generate(Generator.java:396)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.invokeInternal(Generator.java:138)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.lazygen.LazyGenerator.invokeInternal(LazyGenerator.java:32)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractWorkflowComponent.java:126)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.Mwe2Bridge.invoke(Mwe2Bridge.java:34)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractWorkflowComponent.java:201)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.runtime.workflow.AbstractCompositeWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractCompositeWorkflowComponent.java:35)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.runtime.workflow.Workflow.run(Workflow.java:19)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:102)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:52)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.run(Mwe2Launcher.java:74)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main(Mwe2Launcher.java:35)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo$1.run(ExecJavaMojo.java:297)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Re: Cannot resolve project dependencies: org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro [message #1714230 is a reply to message #1714206] Tue, 10 November 2015 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Nobel is currently offline Dennis NobelFriend
Which version of Xtext do you have installed in your IDE? Did you use the Eclipse Oomph installer to setup the IDE?
Re: Cannot resolve project dependencies: org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro [message #1714646 is a reply to message #1714230] Sat, 14 November 2015 20:24 Go to previous message
Hello Dennis,
I had been busy fixing other issues. So i did not see your question.
I have actually tried all solutions. In this case, yes, I used the Oomph eclipse installer.
The version of xtext was 2.6.2.
Thanks for your will to help.
Previous Topic:Dynamic configuration information
Next Topic:Unit Tests in bindings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:08:22 GMT 2024