Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Resuming execution of hibernated activity(Resuming execution of hibernated activity)
Resuming execution of hibernated activity [message #1713318] Tue, 03 November 2015 10:21 Go to next message
Ts Patil is currently offline Ts PatilFriend
hi,
I am having a process model which consist of four activities. I configured the third activity as "Hibernate Initially".

I executed the process and third activity is in "Hibernate " state. Now to resume the execution of remaining part of the process. OR how to complete the "Hibernated" activity to go to next step(4) of process.

A sample example for the same will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Resuming execution of hibernated activity [message #1713320 is a reply to message #1713318] Tue, 03 November 2015 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Mueller is currently offline Andreas MuellerFriend
Hi,

what is your concrete use case? You could define a timer trigger with complete action or complete the activity instance programmatically via API. That really depends on your use case.

Regards,

Andreas
Re: Resuming execution of hibernated activity [message #1713322 is a reply to message #1713320] Tue, 03 November 2015 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ts Patil is currently offline Ts PatilFriend
HI Andreas,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I m having a use case like before coming to third activity . I m sending an email and hibernate. Next is till the email recipient responds back i have to hold (hibernate ) the activity or hold the process. Once I get the response i have to continue the process.

Just a note : the email recipient responds back to an email address which not have any relations with my current process.

Thanks is advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2015 10:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Resuming execution of hibernated activity [message #1713463 is a reply to message #1713322] Wed, 04 November 2015 09:44 Go to previous message
Ashish Khole is currently offline Ashish KholeFriend
Hi Ts,

As per your usecase if you are sending an email and waiting for a response from user for the process to resume.
Then if you have used the "Email-application" for sending the email and you have configured the Email-application for response then this should serve your purpose. Because the email application will remain in hibernated state until user responds with some value. On response the Email-application activity is completed and moves to the next activity.

Please find the documentation link for configuring email-application for response:

http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.stardust.docs.analyst%2Fhtml%2Fhandbooks%2Fmodelling_analyst%2Fapplications%2Fpep-application-email.htm&cp=72_6_9_6

Attached is a sample model for the same.

Best Regards
-Ashish
Previous Topic:Import Type Declarations exception
Next Topic:How to show data input in manual activity in the process history
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:17:27 GMT 2024