Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » IBM TRIRIGA BIRT Preferences - Not Displaying in Eclipse Preferences after install
IBM TRIRIGA BIRT Preferences - Not Displaying in Eclipse Preferences after install [message #1713255] Mon, 02 November 2015 19:54
Trevor James is currently offline Trevor JamesFriend
Our company runs TRIRIGA platform 3.3/application v. 10.0. I am in the midst of moving our install from Windows Server '03 to '08. My last step is to re write a number of Crystal Reports in BIRT. Up until early last week, everything was working great. However, suddenly I lost my connection my TRIRIGA DB (found in Window > Preferences > IBM TRIRIGA BIRT Preferences). So I decided I needed to 're-install' my Eclipse platform (I use quotes because Eclipse isn't 'installed' per se). Originally I was running Java 1.4 (the IBM TRIRIGA Application Platform Reporting User Guide says we should use Java 1.5). Since my re-install, I have used both 1.4.x and 1.5.x and have yet been able to get the preferences to appear. The user guide says:
Step 1: Open the BIRT application, and navigate to Help > Install New Software.
Step 2: In the Work With field, specify the URL to the IBM TRIRIGA plug-in software site: http:///[context path]/eclipse, where [context path\ is required only if the server is configured with a context path.
Step 3: Select IBM TRIRIGA BIRT Features.
Step 4: Select the Details.
Step 5: Click Next.
Step 6: Review the Install Details and click Next.
Step 7: Review and accept the licenses, and click Finish.
Step 8: When prompted, restart the BIRT application.

I have followed these instructions. Of the few instances online where others have had this issue, it normally seems to have been caused by not restarting Eclipse. I have done that. I have also removed all Javas except for 1.4.x, then 1.5.x.

Each time I install, the log file is clean in the .metadata folder, and if I check to see if it has been installed correctly (Help > About > Installation Details) 'IBM TRIRIGA BIRT Feature' displays in the list of Installed Software.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2015 13:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problems with Preview
Next Topic:Maps Component
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:22:48 GMT 2024