Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula can't access JLayer and elements on it
Jubula can't access JLayer and elements on it [message #1712947] Thu, 29 October 2015 14:04 Go to next message
Nils L is currently offline Nils LFriend
Hello everybody,

we are using Jubula 8.1 for automatic GUI Testing in our Swing Application (Server + Client architecture).

The application-client uses a JLayer to disable the whole GUI, while the GUI is in processing (searching, or processing something on the server). In this case the JLayer will be active on top of the application-area during this time and therefore the user can't access the GUI anymore.

The problem is, Jubula can't recognize/"see" this JLayer or any elements on it. The normal GUI (under the JLayer) is only for FOR JUBULA accessible.

I'd like to check in Jubula, if the JLayer is still visible, because of timing problems.
Does anybody have an idea what I can do in Jubula?

At the moment I use a very simple 'ub_app_wait' Confused

Many thanks
Re: Jubula can't access JLayer and elements on it [message #1712957 is a reply to message #1712947] Thu, 29 October 2015 14:47 Go to previous message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Nils,

I think there may be (at least) two Options:

- write an extension to check the existence of the JLayer
- write a module which checks if a component in the GUI is enabled/exists with an Event Handler which simply waits (e.g. 500ms) set to Check failed/Retry

Regards
Oliver
Previous Topic:Assertion on string in a read only file
Next Topic:How to selectValueFromColumn for Image
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:17:53 GMT 2024