Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to use indexes created by org.eclipse.jdt.core.index.JavaIndexer (Question on how to use indexes created by JavaIndexer class in Search)
How to use indexes created by org.eclipse.jdt.core.index.JavaIndexer [message #1712909] Thu, 29 October 2015 10:05
Moritz Aleithe is currently offline Moritz AleitheFriend
Hi *,

I am currently facing the task to speed up an application that uses JDTs Java Editor with a project that has a big (>400 JARs) classpath. Some of these JARs are really big, others really small. When I use the QuickFix functionality shortly after Startup, the Indexer is not done Indexing the big JARs and the Application freezes for about a minute or so.

To Speed this up, i want to use pre-defined indexes with the JavaIndeexer from org.eclipse.jdt.core.index package that says
"Indexing for bigger jars could take some time. To avoid this time, one can generate the index file and specify it when the jar is added to the classpath of the project. " The missing Information is how to "Specify" the index in the Search.

Any Input on how to do this is highly appreciated Rolling Eyes
Previous Topic:Locking Jar Files
Next Topic:How can I call eclipse refactoring history programmatically?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:25:23 GMT 2024