Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE
unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE [message #1712447] Sun, 25 October 2015 03:01 Go to next message
shadow kat is currently offline shadow katFriend
Hi everyone,

I want to extend the Eclipse SmartHome framework for research purposes. I cloned the github repository and managed to build the framework by running "mvn clean install" from the terminal.

However, since I will be developing, I wanted to import it as a project in Eclipse Mars. The import worked but there are so many dependency errors and also I cannot find a way to compile the source in Eclipse. Could someone please tell me how to do this?
I have already tried the instructions here: https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/ide.html. I reinstalled eclipse following the instructions this website states, but that didn't help either. At the moment, I have simple Eclipse IDE for java developers. When I click on run configurations, I don't see "Eclipse Application" as an option either.

Could someone tell me how to build the SmartHome project in normal eclipse?

Thank you!
Sandra.

Re: unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE [message #1712449 is a reply to message #1712447] Sun, 25 October 2015 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Sandra,

Well, https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/ide.html is indeed exactly the documentation for that.
Did you make sure that you did the double-click in step 4? You need to see the entry in the table at the bottom of the screenshot.

Regards,
Kai
Re: unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE [message #1712468 is a reply to message #1712449] Sun, 25 October 2015 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kai,

Thank you the reply. I did actually do that. Among other dependency errors, I have this:
"Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (execution: default, phase: compile)".

Any idea how to fix it?
Also, there are a bunch of errors with imports. Do I need to manually fix them all? Is there a simpler way to compile it?

[Updated on: Sun, 25 October 2015 16:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE [message #1712472 is a reply to message #1712468] Sun, 25 October 2015 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you follow the guide step by step, everything will compile in the end and there should be no errors at all.
The "Plugin execution" sounds to me as if you have already done local changes (i.e. added Maven nature to some projects) to the git checkout. Please try to do the installation completely from scratch again in a new folder, not reusing anything you did so far.
Re: unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE [message #1712498 is a reply to message #1712472] Mon, 26 October 2015 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have done so. Unfortunately, I have this error now:
Variable references non-existent resource : ${workspace_loc:distribution/smarthome}

Any help on fixing this will be great!

Thank you in advance.
Sandra.
Re: unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE [message #1712631 is a reply to message #1712498] Tue, 27 October 2015 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So how does your workspace look like? If the IDE setup was successful, there should be a "distribution" project within your workspace.
Re: unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE [message #1712967 is a reply to message #1712631] Thu, 29 October 2015 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everything works now! Doing a clean installation did the trick.
Thank you!
Re: unable to build SmartHome in the Eclipse IDE [message #1712982 is a reply to message #1712967] Thu, 29 October 2015 17:25 Go to previous message
Glad to hear!
Previous Topic:Smarthome development
Next Topic:Channel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:58:05 GMT 2024