Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu?
[Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1712337] Fri, 23 October 2015 07:48 Go to next message
Silvio Kohler is currently offline Silvio KohlerFriend
In Scout Neon, there is a DropDown Menu for organizing columns (ColumnFilterMenu). It ist opened by clicking on the column header.

Is it possible to hide this menu?

For the TableOrganizeMenu to hide, it is possible to override the method addHeaderMenus of AbstractTable. Is there a similar option for the ColumnFilterMenu?

Thanks
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1712821 is a reply to message #1712337] Wed, 28 October 2015 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Judith Gull is currently offline Judith GullFriend
it is not possible to hide this at the moment, why do you want to do that?
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1712834 is a reply to message #1712821] Wed, 28 October 2015 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jannik Malken is currently offline Jannik MalkenFriend
Quote:
it is not possible to hide this at the moment, why do you want to do that?

This is not exactly true. Have a look at the tables method "addHeaderMenus". You could overwrite this method empty or add the menus you want.
To understand what's going on under the hood when addHeaderMenus is not overwritten, look at the implementation of the super class AbstractTable.
As these menus are prebuild you can choose the ones you want.
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1712847 is a reply to message #1712834] Wed, 28 October 2015 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jannik

You are right for the table header menus, as I wrote in my first post:
Quote:
For the TableOrganizeMenu to hide, it is possible to override the method addHeaderMenus of AbstractTable. Is there a similar option for the ColumnFilterMenu?

What I'm looking for is a similar option for the Column Header menus. These menus are opened when clicking on a column header instead of the gear-icon on the right side of the table header (see screenshot).

[Updated on: Wed, 28 October 2015 17:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1712883 is a reply to message #1712847] Thu, 29 October 2015 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jannik Malken is currently offline Jannik MalkenFriend
First of all, sorry I didn't read your question properly. I was at work and was just about to leave, so I was a bit hectic.
Although, even with the screenshot I think I don't understand your problem correctly. Overwriting addHeaderMenus also disables the column header menus you can open via the right-click context menu...
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1712895 is a reply to message #1712883] Thu, 29 October 2015 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
With "[Neon]" in the title, I think that the question targets the new HTML-UI coming next year with the Neon release train (more on this here: Eclipse Scout User Group Meeting 2015).

Some users like Silvio Kohler got a very alpha version of this release. As I told on the other thread, I hope we will be able to share a new Milestone release of the Neon Scout SDK very soon.

@Jannik Malken: I really appreciate the time you take to read and participate in the forum.
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1712930 is a reply to message #1712895] Thu, 29 October 2015 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Jeremie for the clarification: yes, it is about the HTML UI coming with Scout Neon.

Sorry, Jannik, and thank you for your reply anyway. I will write this next time more clearly.
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1724502 is a reply to message #1712930] Wed, 24 February 2016 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As it is not possible to hide the column menu at the moment: Would it be possible to make it possible?

Reason: I have a table in a form which should not be changed at all. In particular the ordering must remain. Setting getConfiguredSortEnabled to false is a first step. But using the column menu, it is still possible to destroy the ordering (be grouping the data, this cannot be reverted unless the "Werkseinstellungen" is used in the organize table menu).

So, to get a "fixed" table, it is necessary to disable all these options. Could a method be added which could be overridden in the concrete table/column (exactly as addHeaderMenus() for the organize table menu)?

Of course I would also contribute a patch Smile For this: Please tell me what the class name of the menu form is and where it is added to the column, couldn't find it.
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1724542 is a reply to message #1724502] Wed, 24 February 2016 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur van Dorp is currently offline Arthur van DorpFriend
Silvio Kohler wrote on Wed, 24 February 2016 09:24

Of course I would also contribute a patch Smile For this: Please tell me what the class name of the menu form is and where it is added to the column, couldn't find it.

Doesn't answer your question, but you know you can add
?debug=true

to your URL and the inspect the item your interested in and get its class name and classId (called data-modelclass and data-classid)?
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1724561 is a reply to message #1724502] Wed, 24 February 2016 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Silvio Kohler wrote on Wed, 24 February 2016 04:24
As it is not possible to hide the column menu at the moment: Would it be possible to make it possible?

(...)

So, to get a "fixed" table, it is necessary to disable all these options.

Does setting AbstractTable.getConfiguredHeaderEnabled() to false help? This makes the entire table completely static (no sorting, filtering, grouping, reordering etc. allowed). At the moment, the header menu cannot be disabled for individual columns from the model. If you need this, you can try to mark the column with a custom @ModelVariant, create your own *.js file for the column variant and then set the property "disallowHeaderMenu" to false.

Beat
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1724801 is a reply to message #1724561] Fri, 26 February 2016 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur, thanks. I didn't know about debug=true.

Can you please tell me how to see the classname/classid?
Calling
http://localhost:8082/?debug=true
does not make any difference to calling
http://localhost:8082/.

Beat: getConfiguredHeaderEnabled() is exactly what I was asking for, and it works. But as I noticed now, it is still not what we need, because we want the possibility to change the column ordering (by grabbing the column header with the mouse pointer). But we want only this, no sorting, grouping, etc.

So I guess I will have to go with the ModelVariant annotation to get our very special columns/table.
Is there any description or example besides the Javadoc?
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1725149 is a reply to message #1724801] Tue, 01 March 2016 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur van Dorp is currently offline Arthur van DorpFriend
Silvio Kohler wrote on Fri, 26 February 2016 07:35
Arthur, thanks. I didn't know about debug=true.

Can you please tell me how to see the classname/classid?
Calling
http://localhost:8082/?debug=true
does not make any difference to calling
http://localhost:8082/.

You can see the difference in the source code when inspecting it with the browser built in developer tools or Firebug. E.g. if you inspect the search icon in the table footer you get:
<div id="scout.TableControl[1-107]" class="table-control" data-shortcut="f6" data-modelclass="org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.basic.table.controls.SearchFormTableControl" data-classid="org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.basic.table.controls.SearchFormTableControl">
<span class="font-icon icon"></span>
</div>

Both modelclass- and classid-attribute are missing otherwise.
Re: [Neon] Hide ColumnFilterMenu? [message #1725436 is a reply to message #1725149] Thu, 03 March 2016 13:29 Go to previous message
Thank you Arthur, showing the class names works.
Previous Topic:JQuery dependencies and different versions
Next Topic:Keystroke doesn't works with Google Chrome
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:57:00 GMT 2024