Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application(My Eclipse Plug-in Application throws an error when I run it, referring to an "unresolved requirement" for the org.eclipse.draw2d Bundle)
Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1712321] Thu, 22 October 2015 23:13 Go to next message
Sean Trott is currently offline Sean TrottFriend
Hello,

I am developing an application using the Eclipse Workbench, which is a GUI used for linguistics and natural language processing. There is already a working version of the application, but I would like to add a feature to graphically visualize relations between data components: such as, if X is a subcase of Y, there would be two nodes labeled X and Y with an edge connecting them labeled "subcase", and so on.

I looked into various tools for Eclipse, and it seems that the Draw2D and Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) are ideal for what I want to do. I am using Luna, so I installed GEF from this release repository (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna/), and added it to the dependencies in my plugin.xml file. I also added it to the run configurations list.

When I run my project, however, it throws the error below and fails to initialize (the module name is compling.gui, by the way). I've seen some variations of this on the web, but haven't been able to find a solution. Has anyone encountered this in the Luna 4.4 Eclipse version and figured out a solution? Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

Error message:

!ENTRY compling.gui 4 0 2015-10-22 16:03:52.015
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: compling.gui [167]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.draw2d; bundle-version="3.9.101"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
Re: Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1712581 is a reply to message #1712321] Mon, 26 October 2015 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
Can you please post your bundle's MANIFEST.MF and detail out the contents of your target?
Re: Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1712618 is a reply to message #1712581] Mon, 26 October 2015 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I attached the MANIFEST.MF file. This version includes the "org.eclipse.gef" package at the end of the required-bundles list.

I have the Eclipse RCP Delta pack installed, so when I create the product, I export it for Mac, Linux, and Windows. When I run it through Eclipse, I run it as the ".product" (Eclipse Application). Execution environment is Java SE 7 (J2SE 1.5), with program arguments:

-os ${target.os} -ws ${target.ws} -arch ${target.arch} -nl ${target.nl} -consoleLog
  • Attachment: MANIFEST.MF
    (Size: 4.50KB, Downloaded 152 times)
Re: Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1712771 is a reply to message #1712618] Wed, 28 October 2015 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean Trott wrote on Mon, 26 October 2015 19:58

I attached the MANIFEST.MF file. This version includes the "org.eclipse.gef" package at the end of the required-bundles list.

And this requires the Draw2d bundle. You have to make sure its included in your target as well. Seems this is not the case.
Re: Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1712842 is a reply to message #1712771] Wed, 28 October 2015 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately, the same error results when I just import org.eclipse.draw2d (regardless of whether I'm also importing org.eclipse.gef). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the package. From searches I've made through forums, it appears that there is some kind of inconsistency between Luna (what I have) and the Draw2D package, but none of the solutions suggested have remedied the problem.
Re: Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1713305 is a reply to message #1712842] Tue, 03 November 2015 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you mean by "importing"? Are you referring to your bundle or to your target? IMHO the problem is that Draw2d is missing from your target. Take a look into Preferences -> Plug-in Development -> Target Platform. It should point to a target that contains the respective Draw2d bundle.
Re: Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1713418 is a reply to message #1713305] Tue, 03 November 2015 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By "import", I just meant adding the org.eclipse.draw2d bundle to the list of dependencies for the plug-in and .product.

I went to Preferences --> Plug-inDevelopment --> Target Platform . I checked "Content" under "running platform" and found that org.eclipse.draw2d is being included in the "target definition" already. Is there something else I need to do to explicitly add the bundle to the target?

Thanks for your help thus far, by the way.
Re: Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1713459 is a reply to message #1713418] Wed, 04 November 2015 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. You should also confirm that the required version is being matched. If your target is ok, the run configuration might be the problem. Please check that Draw2d is also included there.
Re: Cannot resolve Draw2D/GEF bundle for Eclipse Application [message #1713545 is a reply to message #1713459] Thu, 05 November 2015 00:05 Go to previous message
Thanks, this worked! Not sure what happened, since I thought I'd checked the run configuration earlier... but I guess it was a combination of these factors. Thanks for your help.
Previous Topic:[GEF4] FXGeometryNode bounds update
Next Topic:[GEF4] ScrollPaneEx overlap other widgets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:40:38 GMT 2024