Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How can include @example in javadoc(Generate javadoc with examples)
How can include @example in javadoc [message #1712214] Thu, 22 October 2015 06:18 Go to next message
Felipe Garcia is currently offline Felipe GarciaFriend
Hallo:

I'm generating javadoc for my classes.
For every method I declare, I put an example of how to use it. The tag used is @example.

How can I say Eclipse (Luna, Java 1.6) to generate javadoc including the @example tag? And remembering that the example is Java code, so it should include <pre>, <code> or any tag tor format the code in a right way.

Thanks

Re: How can include @example in javadoc [message #1712235 is a reply to message #1712214] Thu, 22 October 2015 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Where did you find the tag "@example"? It is not listed in http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/tools/windows/javadoc.html#CHDJGIJB and hence Eclipse JDT does not share your understanding of what it should mean.

In lack of a standard tag for examples, you should simply use HTML to achieve your goal.

Stephan
Re: How can include @example in javadoc [message #1712242 is a reply to message #1712235] Thu, 22 October 2015 10:53 Go to previous message
Felipe Garcia is currently offline Felipe GarciaFriend
Hallo:
Probably, it's not the right place to look for JavaDoc. I found this and thought it'd be the standard for javadoc...

https://www.adivo.com/doc/TechWriterUserGuide/TP-TechWriter_User_Guide-JavaDoc_1.htm

Previous Topic:Compile flag on war generation
Next Topic:How to install plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:25:32 GMT 2024