Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » [RESOLVED] Can't install EGit plugin on Eclipse Luna(Trying to install the EGit plugin from marketplace or install new software doesn't work. Label decorations not showing, and can't compare with commit.)
[RESOLVED] Can't install EGit plugin on Eclipse Luna [message #1712200] Wed, 21 October 2015 21:28 Go to next message
Trevyn Mace is currently offline Trevyn MaceFriend
I recently upgrade to a new Mac Pro that I am developing on and after installing Eclipse Luna, I am unable to install the EGit plugin (which I've come to rely on heavily). I have tried to install via the Eclipse Marketplace through the IDE itself as well as the "Install New Software" with the following URL: http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates

Neither method worked to install the software. It claims that it is installed correctly and tells me to restart Eclipse, which I do, however there is no entry for EGit in the preferences under Team. So unless I'm looking in the wrong place it is not actually installing properly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and I'm not sure where else to look or what else to try.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 October 2015 15:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't install EGit plugin on Eclipse Luna [message #1712271 is a reply to message #1712200] Thu, 22 October 2015 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the EGit forum.
Re: Can't install EGit plugin on Eclipse Luna [message #1712273 is a reply to message #1712271] Thu, 22 October 2015 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got it showing in the Preferences under Team -> Git by running eclipse from the command line with the following: ./eclipse -clean
However the main functionality still isn't there. It doesn't show the branch name next to the project root like it used to even though it's configured correctly, nor does it let me compare by commit on a specific class.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Re: Can't install EGit plugin on Eclipse Luna [message #1712276 is a reply to message #1712273] Thu, 22 October 2015 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it working thanks to stackoverflow.

Basically the steps to make it work is to use the Git Repositories view from EGit in Eclipse and add your project as a local repository. My label decorations and compare with commit started working as soon as I did this but others said there is another step in which you right click on the project, go to Team -> Share Project -> and then share it and use a repository by pointing it to the same repo.

I hope this helps someone!
Re: Can't install EGit plugin on Eclipse Luna [message #1713259 is a reply to message #1712276] Mon, 02 November 2015 20:11 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
- find the EGit preferences under Team > Git
- Team > Share project > Git should be automatic if preference "Team > Git > Projects > Auto-share projects located in a Git repository" is switched on
Previous Topic:Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by X commits.
Next Topic:AccessControlException for .gitconfig file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 08:40:21 GMT 2024