Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Force refresh the SDK Tree
Force refresh the SDK Tree [message #1711860] Tue, 20 October 2015 07:54 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Someone asked me this question:

Quote:
When I do some refactoring in the Java Perspective (moving, renaming...) of Scout classes, the Scout SDK is lost: the tree of the Application is not up-to-date (some elements like forms or templates are missing).
index.php/fa/23619/0/
What is the official way to force the SDK to refresh the tree?

I think that this user is using the Luna or the Mars Version of the SDK.
  • Attachment: SDK_Tree.png
    (Size: 21.27KB, Downloaded 366 times)
Re: Force refresh the SDK Tree [message #1712053 is a reply to message #1711860] Wed, 21 October 2015 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I've occasionally seen this problem (or something very similar), too. When editing a form class in the java editor, after saving, sometimes that form, or parts of that form disappear from the SDK tree. My solution is to close the parent of the element, whose children are missing and pressing F5 (this seems to do a refresh of the tree, even if there is no corresponding context menu). After then again opening the parent, the missing children are usually recovered.

I've seen the odd case where this didn't help, going another level up the tree and pressing F5 did help in those cases.

Occasionally it also is a matter of patience, sometimes I miss the progress indicator in the lower right corner which tells me that the Scout SDK is still parsing the changes to the java code Smile
Re: Force refresh the SDK Tree [message #1712651 is a reply to message #1712053] Tue, 27 October 2015 08:35 Go to previous message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
You can also try to use Shift + F5 which also refreshes all caches used in the tree.
Previous Topic:How to set the "splitter position" of the Wizard-Form
Next Topic:Properties in PageData (similar to FormData)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:14:15 GMT 2024