Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » MAMP directory deleted on commit(Added existing eclipse workspace to git and everything got moved)
MAMP directory deleted on commit [message #1710901] Sat, 10 October 2015 15:02 Go to next message
Shawn Fuller is currently offline Shawn FullerFriend
I have a PHP project in eclipse which was located in a MAMP directory. I installed git and EGIT. I added the project to git using the EGIT plugin. I did Team-->ignore on most of the framework and logging directories but that had no effect. The code base was moved entirely to the git directory.

I can view the files in eclipse but I don't know how to Get a working copy back into the MAMP directory. (I assume I can use file copy from the git subdirectory but that seems incorrect and likely to confuse eclipse)
Re: MAMP directory deleted on commit [message #1713262 is a reply to message #1710901] Mon, 02 November 2015 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
I have no clue what MAMP is.
I don't understand what exactly didn't match your expectation.
Re: MAMP directory deleted on commit [message #1714127 is a reply to message #1713262] Tue, 10 November 2015 07:35 Go to previous message
Shawn Fuller is currently offline Shawn FullerFriend
MAMP is an OS X LAMP stack (apache, mysql, php)
The MAMP directory contains my htdocs (public html) directory and the application files and framework for my application
It was very odd. It move all the files for the eclipse project to the working directory inside my git directory.

What I finally did was recover my MAMP directory from Time Machine.
My current, unintended, setup is:
- a working directory in the git repository, which I edit in eclipse
- I have to export any file I change to the matching directory in MAMP--where the webserver is
- Commit files to the repo in eclipse or the command line.
Previous Topic:Latest EGit in Luna doesn't show filenames in commit dialog
Next Topic:does prepare-commit-msg work?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:46:33 GMT 2024