Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse Environment for GreenHills Compiler(Integrating of GreenHills compiler into Eclipse)
Eclipse Environment for GreenHills Compiler [message #1710781] Fri, 09 October 2015 09:09 Go to next message
Raghavendra Puranik is currently offline Raghavendra PuranikFriend
For one of our embedded C/C++ projects we are using Freescale microcontroller MPC5606B. And we have decided to go Eclipse IDE together with GreenHills compiler. When i read the GreenHills compiler manual it says the supported Eclipse versions are as belows :

Eclipse and CDT installations. The supported versions are:

Eclipse 3.6.x with CDT 7.0.x

Eclipse 3.7.x with CDT 8.0.x

Eclipse 4.2.x with CDT 8.1.x

Eclipse 4.3.x with CDT 8.2.x

Could any one send me the direct download link of Eclipse 4.3.x with CDT 8.2.x because i am finding difficult to traverse through Eclipse downloads page which has names like Mars,juno etc. I am not abe to find the exact name of Eclipse 4.3.x with CDT 8.2.x.

I am new to both Eclipse and GreenHills. The idea is to integrate the 3.4 Multi GreenHills Compiler into the Eclipse environment. Any suggestion and good practice is highly appreciated.
Re: Eclipse Environment for GreenHills Compiler [message #1710912 is a reply to message #1710781] Sat, 10 October 2015 19:53 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
4.3 (Kepler) was two releases ago. You'd think Green Hills would catch up. The Eclipse version really shouldn't matter unless there is a plug-in for Eclipse from Green Hills that is rather specific. Why not try Mars? Worst that would happen is it doesn't work. But if your heart is set on 4.3 or you really need it, try http://olex.openlogic.com/packages/eclipse/4.3 or Google "Eclipse 4.3 download".

Yes, this penchant for naming releases is a bit silly. A bit like where I live. Someone will tell you to go via some road name but the map and road signs mostly have only route numbers.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 October 2015 19:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Urgent help with invalid project path: duplicate path etc
Next Topic:No Code Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:16:38 GMT 2024