Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Problem with Luna / Mars Tomcat Service Setup(Cannot see all of the Timeout Spinner control)
Problem with Luna / Mars Tomcat Service Setup [message #1710701] Thu, 08 October 2015 13:59 Go to next message
Philip Wells is currently offline Philip WellsFriend
<Reposted from Java Development Tools Forum>

Having a problem in the Tomcat service setup on Mars and Luna. No issue with Kepler.

In the tomcat service configuration page, the Start Timeout and Stop Timeout edit boxes are not sized properly - I can only access the '+' component and cannot read the current value as shown in the attachment. BTW I see the same problem in the Publishing configuration.

Fedora 19, Cinnamon but also Fedora 22 Cinnamon and F22 Gnome 3 classic.

I'm sure this has been previously answered, but after several hours I've come up empty.

Appreciate any help or pointer.

Regards
Re: Problem with Luna / Mars Tomcat Service Setup [message #1710846 is a reply to message #1710701] Fri, 09 October 2015 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry IsaacsFriend
On 10/8/2015 9:59 AM, Philip Wells wrote:
> <Reposted from Java Development Tools Forum>
>
> Having a problem in the Tomcat service setup on Mars and Luna. No issue with Kepler.
>
> In the tomcat service configuration page, the Start Timeout and Stop Timeout edit boxes are not sized properly - I can only access the '+' component and cannot read the current value as shown in the attachment. BTW I see the same problem in the Publishing configuration.
>
> Fedora 19, Cinnamon but also Fedora 22 Cinnamon and F22 Gnome 3 classic.
>
> I'm sure this has been previously answered, but after several hours I've come up empty.
>
> Appreciate any help or pointer.
>
> Regards
>

I have also seen this on Linux Mint Cinnamon. All I can say for sure is
that the WTP Tomcat plug-ins haven't changed. My best guess is that
this is a problem between SWT and some of the new GTKs in use. I
haven't had any cycles to dig any further than that. If there is an
answer already out there, it may not be specific to WTP but Eclipse/SWT
in general. I assume any UI that used the same widget would suffer the
same problem.

Cheers,
Larry
Re: Problem with Luna / Mars Tomcat Service Setup [message #1711080 is a reply to message #1710846] Mon, 12 October 2015 19:43 Go to previous message
Philip Wells is currently offline Philip WellsFriend
Thanks for the reply Larry.

There are examples of this being used, for instance it's used in the System Settings for the Panel.

Even within Eclipse, it's used in a number of places including

Preferences->Tasks->Time Tracking
Preferences->Startup and Shutdown->Workspaces

As I said, I don't see this problem in Kepler, only with Luna and Mars so I think something changed somewhere.

I skipped over Luna because of this and I would continue to use Kepler but we're using Tomcat 8 now and Kepler only supports up to Tomcat 7.

Regards
Previous Topic:glassfish
Next Topic:Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:08:23 GMT 2024