Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Workspace Removed and Git SCM Fails
Workspace Removed and Git SCM Fails [message #1710447] Tue, 06 October 2015 17:13 Go to next message
Dylan Underwood is currently offline Dylan UnderwoodFriend
Hello All,

I am having an intermittent issue with my Hudson instance. It seems that periodically some of my job workspaces will get removed. When this happens my Poll SCM Trigger fails and my job never gets to run again unless I force the job to run. This then rebuilds the workspace. Has anyone seen this issue?

I have my source code repository hosted on a GitLab instance . When a change is pushed, the GitLab instance will fire a webhook that should trigger my Hudson job to run. But if the job's workspace is missing the job does not recognize that the webhook has triggered it to run.

The Git Polling Log shows the below message:

Started on Oct 6, 2015 9:00:33 AM
No workspace is available, so can't check for updates.
Done. Took 4 ms
No changes

When looking at the workspace I see the below message:

Error: no workspace

There's no workspace for this job. Possible reasons are:

The job was renamed recently and no build was done under the new name.
The job was moved from another team recently and no build was done under the new team.
The slave this job has run on for the last time was removed.
The workspace directory (null) is removed outside Hudson.
Run a build to have Hudson create a workspace.

Does anyone know why my workspace is getting removed? Shouldn't the Git SCM be able to trigger a build even if there is no existing workspace? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Workspace Removed and Git SCM Fails [message #1713239 is a reply to message #1710447] Mon, 02 November 2015 16:53 Go to previous message
Ashwin Chandra is currently offline Ashwin ChandraFriend
I am having the exact same issue. It seems to happen once every 24 hours, some of my jobs workspaces' just get cleared (The WS directory on the slave /var/hudson/<jobname> just gets deleted.

I have read some other posts about disabling a workspacecleanupthread, which I tried, but it did not help.

I was trying to see if there are any logs in hudson master that would explain why this is happening but have not found any. Does anyone know how to diagnose this issue?
Previous Topic:WagonRepositoryConnector Using Wrong URL During Build
Next Topic:i am not able to build the jobs using Hudson com.bea.wli.config.component.CreateException: java.io.I
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:57:11 GMT 2024