Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Uhoh - Corrupted .JARs in the NatTable 1.3.0 Update Site
Uhoh - Corrupted .JARs in the NatTable 1.3.0 Update Site [message #1710392] Tue, 06 October 2015 11:58 Go to next message
Alex Pruss is currently offline Alex PrussFriend
Hello NatTable devs and users,

I've been using the Nebula Grid in a prototype of mine and just discovered NatTable, which seems to be more or less a better Grid. Unfortunately, something is wrong with the Update Site for the latest version of NatTable (linked to on the download page).

NatTable 1.2.0 downloads and installs just fine into my target platform with the following Update Site:

http://download.eclipse.org/nattable/releases/1.2.0/repository/

Unfortunately, when I use the following site for NatTable 1.3.0, the plugin JARs that are downloaded are corrupted and cannot be opened:

http://download.eclipse.org/nattable/releases/1.3.0/repository/

What's particularly strange is that if I download the plugin JAR manually from the Eclipse Website, then the .JAR arrives uncorrupted.

A coworker of mine tried installing NatTable just now as well, he gets the exact same errors - NatTable 1.2.0 downloads fine, NatTable 1.3.0 gets corrupted. Maybe this has something to do with our company network, but I doubt it, as I have never had any trouble downloading from update sites before.

Could you please see if everything is ok on your end? I would like to be able to try out the latest version, and it's somewhat worrying when the download links for the project are broken...

Thanks!
Re: Uhoh - Corrupted .JARs in the NatTable 1.3.0 Update Site [message #1710434 is a reply to message #1710392] Tue, 06 October 2015 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
Unfortunately, when I use the following site for NatTable 1.3.0, the plugin JARs that are downloaded are corrupted and cannot be opened:

How does that look like? I never got such an error, so where are you trying to open the JAR?

Quote:
it's somewhat worrying when the download links for the project are broken

Sure, but I tried the same just now and everything works fine.

Since you are talking about a company network, are you using a proxy? Is it possible that your coworker retrieves the same corrupted file that is cached in the proxy? We haven't changed anything since the release, so everybody using NatTable would have been complaining. And as I said, I just tested this with a new installation in a company network.
Re: Uhoh - Corrupted .JARs in the NatTable 1.3.0 Update Site [message #1710998 is a reply to message #1710434] Mon, 12 October 2015 09:03 Go to previous message
Alex Pruss is currently offline Alex PrussFriend
I tried downloading Version 1.3.0 again today and it worked fine, I was able to change my 1.2.0 code to 1.3.0 without further difficulty. It was probably some sort of network glitch, be it on my end or on Eclipse's website. The problem is resolved now, in any case.
Previous Topic:How can I image to right of cell to some actiom
Next Topic:Default: case sensitive sort, change to case insensitive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:46:22 GMT 2024