Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Working with Data Sets
Working with Data Sets [message #1710148] Mon, 05 October 2015 06:29 Go to next message
nicole h is currently offline nicole hFriend
Hi,

I thought Data Sets in Jubula are made for executing the same test step with different data many times.
But when I use a Data Set, containing all de Data I want to test, Jubula enters all the Data consecutively and as a result only my last Data from the Data Set is tested.

Here is what I want to do:
1. Enter Value1 (textfield)
2. Enter Value2 (textfield)
3. Enter Value 3 (textfield)
4. Click on a Submit Button
5. Check Results

==> Repeat the procedure with different values

SO, all my data from the Data Set is entered into the textfields but the Submit Button should be clicked after each line not only after the last entry of the Data Set.

Is there a way to do this in Jubula?

Thanks
Re: Working with Data Sets [message #1710716 is a reply to message #1710148] Thu, 08 October 2015 15:32 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Nicole,

To achieve what you want to, then you should structure the test like this:

- Enter values and submit [VALUE1;VALUE2;VALUE3;RESULTS]
-- Enter value one [=VALUE1]
-- Enter value two [=VALUE2]
-- Enter value three [=VALUE3|
-- Click
-- Check results [=RESULTS]

The idea is that you reference the parameters from the "enter value..." actions using the equals sign, followed by the name for this parameter (e.g. =VALUE1). You then add the data set to the parent test case (in the example above, " Enter values and submit ").

If you do the "first steps" cheat sheet from the Help/Cheat Sheets menu (in the functional testing category for the cheat sheets, then this will take you through these steps for the simple adder. It's pretty much the same setup.

These docs might help too:
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/userManual/tasks/workWithData/using-references-for-data-in-test-cases.html?cp=44_2_12_2
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/userManual/tasks/workWithData/using-the-edit-parameters-dialog-to-add-edit-and-delete-references.html?cp=44_2_12_3
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/userManual/tasks/workWithData/using-the-data-sets-view.html?cp=44_2_12_10

Best regards,
Alex

[Updated on: Thu, 08 October 2015 15:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:select Context Menu by indexpath
Next Topic:Is there a way to modify external DB Tables from within a Jubula test ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:27:04 GMT 2024