Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse C/C++ for LPC2478
Eclipse C/C++ for LPC2478 [message #1710085] Sun, 04 October 2015 06:33 Go to next message
Tommy Leandersson is currently offline Tommy LeanderssonFriend
Try to play with Embedded Artists' LPC2478 Developer's Kit to see what I can do.

I don´t know if it is possible to write code directly for this card inside Eclipse C/C++ or if I need another IDE or plugin. I could probably write the code, but not export it into my embedded card.

I have been recommended to use FreeRTOS and lwIP-stack with my LPC2478, because it handle everything I would play with.

So the easy question for me... Is´t possible to use Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers with FreeRTOS and lwIP to develope code direct for my LPC2478 (or LPC4088 from Embedded Artists)?

I don't know if I am stuck in thought that Eclipse C/C++ is the right tool for me and I'am hunting ghost. I do not want to pay good money before I know I have the right tools that I could handle my embedded cards.

I'am normal coding C#, so little learning of C or C++ can´t hurt. Smile
Re: Eclipse C/C++ for LPC2478 [message #1710099 is a reply to message #1710085] Sun, 04 October 2015 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
There is a separate forum part for C/C++. Please use it for continued questions.

Your board uses an ARM7TDMI processor, and Eclipse can be set up for developing programs for it, including the RTOS.

Eclipse is a front-end to the program development tools. The C/C++ part is will co-operate with many toolkits, the GNU Compiler Collection is the natural choice.

Depending on your host operating system, you may need different support software packages to run the GNU tools. On Windows, get the MinGW toolset, together with the MSYS support package, installing the native GCC toolset also.
On UNIXish systems, the GCC is often the native toolset, so the thing is already done.

In addition, you need the GCC cross-toolset for ARM. Yagarto is one of the ready-configured toolsets.

There are plenty of setup instructions in the net.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Eclipse C/C++ for LPC2478 [message #1710103 is a reply to message #1710099] Sun, 04 October 2015 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommy Leandersson is currently offline Tommy LeanderssonFriend
Tauno Voipio wrote on Sun, 04 October 2015 08:07
There is a separate forum part for C/C++. Please use it for continued questions.

Yes, I know... but this was more "Do it works with Eclipse IDE C/C++"-question for a newcomers... When I comes to clean C/C++ question I'm using the right forum for C/C++-questions.

Thanks for answer. Now I knew there´s some hope to get it running with Eclipse. Smile
Re: Eclipse C/C++ for LPC2478 [message #1710109 is a reply to message #1710103] Sun, 04 October 2015 11:21 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
I'm using Eclipse for development targeted to several ARM varieties: ARM7TDMI, Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4, and all are working well.

No problem, a somewhat steep learning threshold to climb up, however. Good luck!

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Most Basic install
Next Topic:32 Bit Eclipse RCP Plugin application not working when compiled in 64 bit -Eclipse Mars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:47:57 GMT 2024