Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » mechanism to show or hide layers in BIRT(BIRT )
mechanism to show or hide layers in BIRT [message #1710080] Sat, 03 October 2015 21:58 Go to next message
anmol tuladhar is currently offline anmol tuladharFriend
Hi,
I am exploring what's possible with BIRT and what's not. let's say I have two data-sets: first one with two columns (empno, name) and the second one with five columns (empno, name, adddress, salary). I have a report parameter with two options - quick view or full view. If I choose quick view, I should show the first data-set, if i choose full view, the second one should be displayed.

Is it possible to display (toggle between) different data-sets based on user selection? Any mechanism to create layers that can be shown or hidden etc?

Thanks!

Re: mechanism to show or hide layers in BIRT [message #1710288 is a reply to message #1710080] Mon, 05 October 2015 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Sheets is currently offline Jerry SheetsFriend
The way I do it is to create separate tables linked to the two data sources, then 'hide' the table I don't want to show based on the parameter.
Re: mechanism to show or hide layers in BIRT [message #1712570 is a reply to message #1710288] Mon, 26 October 2015 14:24 Go to previous message
Megg Gawat is currently offline Megg GawatFriend
You can also do Visibility: Hide Element

It doesn't hide it in the BIRT itself, but it hides it in the output
Previous Topic:big speed difference eclipse/ external jar - Platform.startup(config) / task.run() very slow
Next Topic:Get rid of this toolbar under filename?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:39:36 GMT 2024