Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to create with JAXB or EMF the XMI files from a created sirius editor.
icon5.gif  How to create with JAXB or EMF the XMI files from a created sirius editor. [message #1710015] Fri, 02 October 2015 16:40
Max DoeFriend
Hi,

I am trying to transform some data into a format that a created sirius editor can read and display.

First I created an ecore diagram that represent data flow diagrams from structured analysis. Then I created a Viewpoint Specification Model (VSM) for that. With this VSM it is possible to create data flow diagrams.

After this my goal was to "transform" a data flow diagram, which is written in CDIF standard, into the created sirius editor. But I don't know what is the best way to go.

I think I have to create the EMF model and the representation file (.aird) for the sirius editor. They are both using the XMI format to represent their data. So I have to transform the data written in CDIF to XMI.

To solve this I created a java project with some java classes. Inside the java classes I am reading the CDIF files and using JAXB to create a XMI file. But this approach leads me to write excessive code.

To avoid this I tried using xjc. For that I exported the XML and XMI Schema file from my EMF genmodel and get the imported Ecore.xsd from the eclipse plugin (org.eclipse.emf.ecore_2.11.0.v20150512-0501). But then I stuck when I am trying to unmarshal (JAXB) a created sample EMF model.

Could I use the "model code" created from the genmodel to avoid using xjc?
Is this the right way to go or should I use some EMF functionalities for that?

I'm seaching a lot online but I didn't find the right information that lead me the right way. I hope someone could help me.

Regards,
Max

[Updated on: Fri, 02 October 2015 16:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Cell inside a table with multiline text
Next Topic:Diagram layout is still kept when closed editor without saving
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:48:08 GMT 2024