Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse Mars system.setproperty javax.net.ssh.truststore not working anymore
Eclipse Mars system.setproperty javax.net.ssh.truststore not working anymore [message #1709588] Tue, 29 September 2015 12:32 Go to next message
Sibendu Dey is currently offline Sibendu DeyFriend
I am trying to connect to a web server using SSL connection through an eclipse plugin developed by me.Since the server uses a self signed certificate , I am making use of the following code to set the trust store path :

System.setProperty("https.protocols", "TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", keyStorePath);
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "sibendu");

However while making a connection to the server , I get the following error :

*javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.*

But if I provide the above system properties as arguments before firing up the eclipse plugin as an eclipse application, the connection is established and I don't get such errors any more.

I am wondering whether Mars is ignoring the setting up of javax.net.ssl.trustStore during runtime because I ran the same plugin in Luna and I did not face any issues.

Any advice?

Thanks
Re: Eclipse Mars system.setproperty javax.net.ssh.truststore not working anymore [message #1728771 is a reply to message #1709588] Thu, 07 April 2016 08:25 Go to previous message
admin WSO2 Developer Studio is currently offline admin WSO2 Developer StudioFriend
We are experiencing in the same issue Sad and couldn't find a solution yet , Only work around is to define these as jvm params in eclipse.ini as follows

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType="JKS"
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore="xxxxxxxxxxxx
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword="wso2carbon"

Thanks and Regards
/Jasintha

Previous Topic:Access Persistent Property value from outside of PropertyPage
Next Topic:ToolbarItems flicker with VisibleWhen rules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:46:57 GMT 2024