Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Can Jubula can test Application installed (as feature and plugins) in Eclipse?(Can Jubula can test Application installed (as feature and plugins) in Eclipse?)
Can Jubula can test Application installed (as feature and plugins) in Eclipse? [message #1709535] Tue, 29 September 2015 07:58 Go to next message
lea ilagan is currently offline lea ilaganFriend
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently looking of testing tools which can automate our Acceptance Testing and i'm kinda little worried that after I spent some time to it, later on i'll find that i cannot use it. Though i'm still willing to give it a try to evaluate the possibility.

Our application is made up of plugins and features and just installed to eclipse during package. We did NOT create a separate RCP for our application, we just installed it into eclipse.

Our application uses the following: Eclipse modeling tools, Editors, GMF, Graphiti, Jboss hibernate tools, Acceleo and others.

Can jubula feasible to automate it? Please give me any suggestions, thougts or advise.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much..

[Updated on: Tue, 29 September 2015 08:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can Jubula can test Application installed (as feature and plugins) in Eclipse? [message #1709805 is a reply to message #1709535] Thu, 01 October 2015 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Lea,

Thanks for your query. Which version of Eclipse do you want to test? Jubula supports Eclipse 3.x and 4.x, and also supports GEF figures in Eclipse 3.x applications. My advice would be to try out the support in your application, or contact us to do a technical proof of concept for you. You can contact us via the testing portal under http://testing.bredex.de.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Can Jubula can test Application installed (as feature and plugins) in Eclipse? [message #1709957 is a reply to message #1709805] Fri, 02 October 2015 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alex for your response. We used eclipse 4.4.2 as of the moment.

I have actually run Jubula and run a simple command successfully like:
1. right click -> context menu opened - OK
2. select menu - OK
3. from selected menu, new context menu is displayed, however i cannot find how to select the menu from the opened context menu.

This commands are only the basic. For number 3, may i ask how to do it? I want to try the tool to create at least the very basic scenario so i can start proposing the tool to the project.

Please help.

Thanks,
Lea
Re: Can Jubula can test Application installed (as feature and plugins) in Eclipse? [message #1710685 is a reply to message #1709805] Thu, 08 October 2015 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Updates:
I was able to do it. yey!
Root/Subroot in TEXTPATH[String] Smile

Thanks. Smile
Re: Can Jubula can test Application installed (as feature and plugins) in Eclipse? [message #1710712 is a reply to message #1710685] Thu, 08 October 2015 15:23 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Thanks for the update Lea! Smile
Previous Topic:Closing dialog via client API
Next Topic:select Context Menu by indexpath
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:00:13 GMT 2024