Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Splitting the domain model and diagram file
icon5.gif  Splitting the domain model and diagram file [message #1709424] Mon, 28 September 2015 11:09 Go to next message
Alex Rusu is currently offline Alex RusuFriend
Hello, everyone!

I am new to this forum, and I have only recently started working with the Graphiti tool.

I am currently following a project for developing a custom diagram editor using Graphiti and some underlying domain model.
I have set up the editor and all elements created inside have a business object counterpart according to the underlying domain model. However the result is a single diagram file containing both the diagram code and the domain model.

My question is: Is there a way to split this diagram file into 2 files? All diagram code to be written into one file, while the other would have just the domain model. Both updated as soon as changes have been saved on the editor. I would like to do this without a hack. In the lack of any other solution I am willing to consider hacks as well.

Any ideas?
Re: Splitting the domain model and diagram file [message #1709452 is a reply to message #1709424] Mon, 28 September 2015 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krisztian Koncz is currently offline Krisztian KonczFriend

Hi! I had the same problem a year ago. This tutorial helped me a lot: https://rtsys.informatik.uni-kiel.de/confluence/display/WS12EclPract/Graphical+Modeling+with+Graphiti See section 9-12
Re: Splitting the domain model and diagram file [message #1709511 is a reply to message #1709452] Tue, 29 September 2015 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Alex,

you may also have a look at https://www.eclipse.org/graphiti/developers/faq.php; the first question deals about that topic.

Michael
Re: Splitting the domain model and diagram file [message #1709528 is a reply to message #1709511] Tue, 29 September 2015 07:18 Go to previous message
Alex Rusu is currently offline Alex RusuFriend
Thank you for the quick reply!

@Krisztian I will try the solution proposed in the link you sent . I think it is what I was looking for.
@Michael I did look through the FAQ before posting. However, I consider the proposed solution there to be a bit too 'hacky' for my project. If all else fails I may use it, but I would like to explore my options first.
Previous Topic:Drawing a connection is not possible
Next Topic:Positioning IDecorator in different PictogramElement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:57:29 GMT 2024