Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » A large amount of errors and warnings, but builds normally
A large amount of errors and warnings, but builds normally [message #1709269] Fri, 25 September 2015 13:54
Aljaz Dobnikar is currently offline Aljaz DobnikarFriend
I'm using Eclipse Luna CDT on Ubuntu trusty 64-bit.

The setup is like this - I have a large C++ project with existing makefiles and all, that builds as expected with "make" issued in shell, it builds in Eclipse Luna, it even builds on virtual machine Ubuntu Lucid 32-bit using both make in shell and Eclipse Helios.

In Eclipse Helios on VM, there are no errors and only 3 warnings (expected) when compiling or rebuilding index, but rebuilding index on my machine (trusty64, eclipse luna) there are several thousand errors and warnings. This seems unnecessary to me and is quite bothering, since I know my project is ok (or at least not as bad).

- I suspect the problem is with "unresolved includes" that spawn other problems like "undeclared member" and so on. Even when I manually set all folders that contain header files, this problem remains.
- Alternatively, are there any special settings I can try out or something I have to be careful of when "importing" the project?
- Could there be a problem with system settings, missing libraries or the way I "installed" Eclipse (only extracted CDT)?

What do you suggest or what additional info do you need, to be able to advise? First post, excuse me if I left something out. Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:CTRL+D not sending EOF
Next Topic:Unable to compile my program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:32:31 GMT 2024