Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Connecting to Oracle Database Via OJDBC Slow(I am trying to run a report that hits an Oracle Database through an OJDBC connection.)
Connecting to Oracle Database Via OJDBC Slow [message #1709088] Wed, 23 September 2015 20:36
Brian Runyon is currently offline Brian RunyonFriend
I am trying to run a report that hits an Oracle Database through an OJDBC connection. I am running the latest version of BIRT 4.5.0-20150609. I have three large sql data sets that are ran in the report. For simplicity sake, they are Query1, Query2, and Query3. Each query is over 200 lines. If I run these queries in a database tool: Query1 completes in 10 seconds, Query2 completes in 7.2 seconds, and Query3 completes in 42 seconds consistently. When I run the BIRT Report I am seeing run times ranging from 1 minute 30 seconds to over 3 hours to generate. The run times are very inconsistent.

Resolutions I have tried.
-I have tried using three different OJDBC's
-OJDBC6
-OJDBC7
-OJDBC14
- I have bumped up the max memory allocation BIRT gets.
-Verified database is not under heavy load/system utilization.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Anyone have any other ideas as to what I could try to do to resolve it? Let me know if anyone needs more info.
Previous Topic:Make everything in a dataset only show one letter?
Next Topic:Reg: Unable to create dynamic report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:23:42 GMT 2024