Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson error, E200015: No Credentials to try.(Hudson is not saving credentials to visualsvn (https))
Hudson error, E200015: No Credentials to try. [message #1708854] Mon, 21 September 2015 21:54 Go to next message
Andrew Lucas is currently offline Andrew LucasFriend
Versions:
Hudson 3.3.0
Hudson Subversion Plugin 2.3.11
svn version 1.8.13
jre 1.8.0_60
Windows7

Hi,
I'm trying to get Hudson connected to a visualsvn server via https.
It's not going well.
In the job configurations page, source code management section, subversion modules.. I enter the repository URL (an example): (remove spaces, can't post things that look like urls while fewer than 5 messages)
h t t p s: / / s5555. mydomain. mycompany. com / svn / mytrunk
I use the "enter credential" link on the hudson configuration page.
It accepts it and says "Authentication was successful. Information is stored in Hudson now."
It then prompts to close the window..
The configuration page still responds with:
"Unable to access <my url> : svn:E200015: No Credtials to try. Authentication failed. (show details) (Maybe you need to enter credential?)
I found a similar bug on the jenkins site: JENKINS-21785 but I'm not quite following what they mean with their shorthand.
I can authenticate using rapidsvn or the svn command line to the url without issues.
I can get the latest load of Jenkins to attach and use the url ok, but I don't see a good migration path there. I have too many jobs setup to retype them all.
I'm starting from a hudson 3.0.1 installation.. I've got a test system upgraded to 3.3.0 with no improvements.
It was giving me a prompt about the server certificate, but I think I have that setup so shouldn't be the cause now.
I have the "basic authentication" enabled in the visualsvn server. I couldn't even get jenkins to work without it, though the other svn front ends seem to ok.

How do I get this to work in Hudson?
What am I missing?

Thanks

Re: Hudson error, E200015: No Credentials to try. [message #1708940 is a reply to message #1708854] Tue, 22 September 2015 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geoff Waymark is currently offline Geoff WaymarkFriend
This is working against my Collab.net Subversion Edge https instance.

What form of authentication are you using? I'm using username/password.

Also if you click into the Repository URL field is it then clearing the error?

Finally, are you saving the credential for use with all other jobs it seems like that is something you are requiring?

Thanks

Geoff Waymark
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Hudson error, E200015: No Credentials to try. [message #1708942 is a reply to message #1708940] Tue, 22 September 2015 16:06 Go to previous message
Andrew Lucas is currently offline Andrew LucasFriend
>>What form of authentication are you using? I'm using username/password.

In visualsvn server, I have both basic authentication and Integrated Windows authentication enabled.
I had to turn on the basic authentication for it to work even through jenkins.
That uses username/password.
Also tried domainname\username/password.

>>Also if you click into the Repository URL field is it then clearing the error?
No, it doesn't clear the error.. it treats it like the credentials were never entered.

>>Finally, are you saving the credential for use with all other jobs it seems like that is something you are requiring?
I don't see that as an option.
But yes, I would like to be able to enter just a common service account, maybe a different one per job. I'd be ok with having to enter it once for each access.. I just need it to work.

Thanks
Previous Topic:git/subversion plugins enhancements
Next Topic:checksum error from OpenSuse repo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:16:39 GMT 2024