Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Console output cannot link to the source files (remote build using synchronized project)
Console output cannot link to the source files (remote build using synchronized project) [message #1708594] Thu, 17 September 2015 18:05 Go to next message
Pranav Ladkat is currently offline Pranav LadkatFriend
Hi,

I'm using Eclipse CDT's "Synchronized C++ Project" for building on remote machine. I do the coding on local machine and always compile and run on remote. The synchronization works fine and so does the compilation.

However, output printed on console is of the remote build including files and paths. So I cannot click on any error to navigate it in my code. I have to check the file containing error and manually navigate to it on local machine. Is there any way to link the remote code to local in console so that error messages are clickable like usual C++ project?

Thanks

Re: Console output cannot link to the source files (remote build using synchronized project) [message #1711524 is a reply to message #1708594] Fri, 16 October 2015 16:51 Go to previous message
Pranav Ladkat is currently offline Pranav LadkatFriend
To solve this, I used same filenames for my projects and workspace directory on remote and local machine and then created symlink /Users to /home on local Mac (so essentially I have the same filepaths for all files on remote and local machine) which resolved the issue.
Previous Topic:Problems with Eclipse 4.4/4.5 and C/C++ Qt Support Plugin
Next Topic:Remote Debugging without local binary?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:31:15 GMT 2024