Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse(Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse)
Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse [message #1708328] Tue, 15 September 2015 14:06
alain dee is currently offline alain deeFriend
Hello,

I have installed Websphere 8 in my machine. I am using Eclipse Juno IDE. I have added Websphere 8 in the servers section of my Eclipse IDE. The problem is when I start the server from Eclipse, it hangs. When I check the console I could see that the server is already started because it already shows "Server server1 open for e-business". When I access the admin console, I can see that it is already up. Whats weird is, the server status in my eclipse still shows "[Starting, Synchronized]" then after sometime it stops the server because it says this...

"Server WebSphere Application Server v8.0 at localhost was unable to start within 300 seconds. If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the server editor."

I don't even have any apps deployed in it yet and when I increase the timeout, the same thing still happens. I already have increased by timeout up to 3600 seconds and still the same result

can anyone help me on this? could this be an eclipse problem and not websphere?

i have attached screenshots
  • Attachment: console.png
    (Size: 61.93KB, Downloaded 319 times)
  • Attachment: console2.png
    (Size: 33.32KB, Downloaded 282 times)
Previous Topic:Generating bottom-up EJB webservice in Eclipse
Next Topic:Different formatting of name space declarations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:33:27 GMT 2024