Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Marquee Tool Help(Editing the functionality of the marquee inside a container shape)
Marquee Tool Help [message #1708239] Mon, 14 September 2015 20:56 Go to next message
Robert Grant is currently offline Robert GrantFriend
I am trying to change the functionality of my diagram so that I am more easily able to use the marquee tool. I have a large container shape in which I am placing objects in. When the cursor is outside the container shape but inside the diagram, the marquee tool is automatically enabled when I click and drag (seen in the first image). But whenever the cursor is inside the container shape and I click and drag, it will not allow the marquee tool to work unless clicked on in the palette (seen in the second image). I am wondering if there is a way to use the marquee tool on the container shape even when the selector tool is being used. Or enable the marquee tool when I click inside the large container shape.

I am currently using Graphiti to try and complete this. The Graphiti task is using AbstractTool when dealing with the marquee tool inside of the diagram. If I retrieve the PaletteRoot using getPaletteRoot(), I am able to access more information about the GFMarqueToolEntry, but I can't change any of the properties. Is this possible to do using GEF?

index.php/fa/23256/0/
index.php/fa/23257/0/

• Attachment: pic1.png
    (Size: 20.70KB, Downloaded 410 times)
  • Attachment: pic2.png
    (Size: 21.05KB, Downloaded 384 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 14 September 2015 20:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Marquee Tool Help [message #1708539 is a reply to message #1708239] Thu, 17 September 2015 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
I do not know how Graphiti handles the registration of tools, but in GEF the list of tools (and the current active tool) is hold by the EditDomain. A palette entry usually sets the active tool in the domain. You will have to find a way (within Graphiti) to change the palette entry so that it creates and sets a customized MarqueeSelectionTool, where you could overwrite handleButtonDown(int) to check whether a marquee drag is to be started or not.
Re: Marquee Tool Help [message #1723363 is a reply to message #1708539] Mon, 15 February 2016 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swaroop shastri is currently offline swaroop shastriFriend
Hi,

Is there any tutorial , which describes , how to add Marquee tool in GEF. How the event and listeners work. I am unable to find out any such example on web. Alexander could you please help me with this.

Regards,
Swaroop Shastri
ssroop74@gmail.com
Re: Marquee Tool Help [message #1723443 is a reply to message #1723363] Mon, 15 February 2016 17:42 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
No, there is no direct tutorial related to MarqueeTool, but the code is pretty straight forward. The marquee tool is created through a MarqueeToolEntry. The palette entries in turn are created through a factory. You can e.g. take a look at the FlowExample, where the FlowEditorPaletteFactory is the respective implementation.

In either case, before you dig into the details, I recommend that you consult our reference documentation, so that concepts like domain, tools, etc. (and the related responsibilities) are clear.
Previous Topic:automation testing
Next Topic:DirectedGraph: nodes out of order
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:25:02 GMT 2024