Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Connection to Database Failed(oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver not found)
Connection to Database Failed [message #1708049] Fri, 11 September 2015 17:50 Go to next message
larry sanders is currently offline larry sandersFriend
Getting database connection exception error at login to the 'Oracle Database'. Error shows Oracle Driver not found (see attached screenshot). I downloaded the Jar file, but not sure which folder is should be placed in....assuming this will solve the error. Let me know if more information is needed. Can anyone assist? Using: Eclipse for Testers Version: Mars Release (4.5.0)
Build id: 20150621-1200

[Updated on: Fri, 11 September 2015 21:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connection to Database Failed [message #1708134 is a reply to message #1708049] Mon, 14 September 2015 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

which version of Jubula are you using? Are you using Eclipse for Testers? If so, you will need to install the database drivers from the Eclipse Marketplace, for example via the "Install Updates" mechanism within Eclipse.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Connection to Database Failed [message #1708217 is a reply to message #1708134] Mon, 14 September 2015 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alex. I've installed the drivers via Eclipse Marketplace and still cannot connect to the database. Yes, I am using the Eclipse for Testers. My Jubula version is 3.1.0.xxx and came with the Eclipse Mars download. Should I be using Jubula 8.1 standalone version instead? Let me know if you need more info

[Updated on: Mon, 14 September 2015 17:00]

Re: Connection to Database Failed [message #1708271 is a reply to message #1708217] Tue, 15 September 2015 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Larry,

maybe you could give it a try using Jubula 8.1 and try to connect to your Oracle DB using the standalone. I never experienced this behavior when I tested the Eclipse releases. Is there more info in the log files (you can find them in <YourUserDirectory>/.jubula/logs).
Regards
Oliver
Re: Connection to Database Failed [message #1708341 is a reply to message #1708271] Tue, 15 September 2015 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Oliver! The most recent client log file is attached. I've highlighted some areas of concern in yellow. I've also confirmed my login and password as correct and tested via 'Toad' and was able to access the noted database with no problem.

Please review the log file and let me know if you see anything that would cause the database connection to fail consistently. I will review the log file with my system admin as well and get back to you with his observations. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
Re: Connection to Database Failed [message #1708350 is a reply to message #1708341] Tue, 15 September 2015 18:00 Go to previous message
Hello Oliver. I've reviewed the client log file with our sys admin this morning and a couple of observations were noted:
1 - the login username and password is correct (the sys admin even tried login with his username/password and still failed to connect)

2 - My application db is using oracle 12 drivers (the latest version) and the Eclipse Marketplace downloaded oracle 5

3 - We are confident the username/password is not the real cause of the connection failure

Let me know if this information is useful.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 September 2015 18:04]

Previous Topic:jubula unbound_modules_concrete not available
Next Topic:ios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 05:42:12 GMT 2024