Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Silent installation of Jubula(Is there a method to do a silent installation of Jubla with all default parameters)
Silent installation of Jubula [message #1707679] Tue, 08 September 2015 13:33 Go to next message
Thomas Mortimer is currently offline Thomas MortimerFriend
Hi all,

I've been requested to make a silent install of software to a Ubuntu 64 bit virtual machine of certain software. One of these items is to install a sprint release of Jubula (Found here: http://testing.bredex.de/jubula-beta-releases.html)

I've downloaded the .sh file for linux and attempted to add it to the script using :
bash install.sh

But it will fail because there are some questions asked during the install. These questions are:
This will install Jubula on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]

Several lines requesting enter to be press to accept the license agreement

I accept the agreement
Yes [1], No[2]

Where should Jubula be installed?
[/opt/jubula_1.8.7.045]

Which components should be installed?
[Enter] for the default selection [1,2,3,4]

Create symlinks?
Yes [y, Enter], No [n]

Select the folder where you would like Jubula to create symlinks, then click next.
[/usr/local/bin]

Is there any method to do silent install and accept the default on these options? I've checked
debconf-get-selections
after installation, but nothing is in there that appears to assemble what Jubula was requesting.

If that is possible, is it also possible to pass an XML file to Jubula upon start up to be imported into the default testing database?

Hope you can help!

Best regards,
Tom
Re: Silent installation of Jubula [message #1707759 is a reply to message #1707679] Wed, 09 September 2015 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Tom,

could you explain why you want to install Jubula silently? Maybe there is another solution? One problem I see with installing it silently is skipping the license agreement. The XML file however can be imported using the dbtool.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Silent installation of Jubula [message #1707762 is a reply to message #1707759] Wed, 09 September 2015 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

I'm a student working for a university getting a project ready for the next year students to work with. We have a pretend software that imitates the automatic registering of an accident and assigning it to a coordinator to deal with. We want to provide the students virtual machines with a demo of the software working and prove that it is working as per the specification. I've created a test case in Jubula that follows a test case in the specification and shows the application is working as expected.

To ease the student's installation of all the software, we have three vagrant boxes, a server, client and a database. The server and database have all of their software installed automatically. The client has most of it installed, but we would like to also install Jubula with the test case so a student can just run it and see the software in action. If they also make changes to the code, they can also run the test case to confirm it still keeps to the specification provided.

So we want to install it silently to make sure the students have minimum input during configuration and it will assist us in debugging if a student does run into issues. If we allow the students to do it manually, there is always the possibility that human error can occur. Hopefully that makes sense, though let me know if you'd like more information.
Re: Silent installation of Jubula [message #1707768 is a reply to message #1707762] Wed, 09 September 2015 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Thomas,

you could install Jubula somewhere else (e.g. in the Network) and then just copy the installation folder to the desired place. I think the same solution might work for the embedded database which you can find in <USER_DIRECTORY>/.jubula/database. If you use e.g. an Oracle database you can automate the import of the used project by using the dbtool.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Silent installation of Jubula [message #1707870 is a reply to message #1707679] Thu, 10 September 2015 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Hi Thomas,

the Jubula standalone package uses install4j for deployment. i4j supports unattended installs via response files. For details have a look at their online doc and search for chapters in "Generated installers" ("Response files" and "Installer Modes"). Sorry, there seems to be no deep linking into the documentation.

- Achim
Re: Silent installation of Jubula [message #1707917 is a reply to message #1707870] Thu, 10 September 2015 14:00 Go to previous message
Hi both,

Thanks for the information, I've created a vagrant box with Jubula pre-installed and I'm using that instead. If I get chance, I'll have a look at the install4j unattended installs.

Tom
Previous Topic:Detecting change of color background
Next Topic:jubula unbound_modules_concrete not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 11:10:49 GMT 2024