Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » Java Developer - Slough, UK - Enterprise Resource Automation Application
Java Developer - Slough, UK - Enterprise Resource Automation Application [message #1707642] Tue, 08 September 2015 08:58
Daniel Levi is currently offline Daniel LeviFriend
Hi all,
I'm from a recruitment company called MDLHowarth, based in the UK.

I have two positions available; One Is a Java Developer, the other is a Java Team Lead, for one of my clients based in Slough, England, UK.

The salary is circa 30k-60k for the Developer and 60-75k for the Team Lead, depending on experience.

You need to be local to Slough, UK. As the position is office based, in their R&D Team.

my client is unfortunately not offering sponsorship for this position.

For an informal discussion please e-mail Daniel.Levi[at]MDLHowarth[dot]com

Here's the full spec I have on the position:

Our Client
Over the last 20 years our client (based in Slough) has helped more than 3,000 customers which include Shell, Staples, Toyota, Universal and Virgin Money to automate their mission-critical IT and business processes. They help customers remove the costs, risks and wasted time of manual tasks and achieve greater reliability, consistency and accuracy across diverse processes, such as the financial close, supply chain and business intelligence (BI). We free organizations up from repetitive tasks so they can focus on what they do best and can make the most of the resources they already have in place.

Job Purpose

Reporting to the CTO, the Java Developer will build and develop our client's flagship Enterprise Process Automation® solutions. These solutions enable our customers automate their mission-critical IT and business processes. You will be using agile processes on an up-to-date and evolving technology stack.

Responsibilities

· You will be both an individual contributor and a valued member of the development team
· Partner with the product management team to define, design and implement new functionality across our various solutions.
· Take ideas from concept to implementation using mock-ups and customer feedback as appropriate.
· Develop web solutions based on Java.
· Analyse and resolve intricate technical challenges.

Skills
Essential:

· Strong Java development skills.
· Experience developing web applications with Java, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.
· Strong database skills (any vendor).
· Working with version control systems and release plans.
· Shell scripting knowledge, ideally cross-platform.
Desirable:
· OS knowledge: Windows, UNIX, (especially Linux).
· Knowledge of TCP/IP and IP networking concepts, particularly HTTP.
· Proficiency in JDBC and generic XML API's.
· Working with multiple teams in a distributed environment.
Previous Topic:Eclipse/EMF/Sirius Developer (France : Paris & Toulouse)
Next Topic:Basic BIRT Training in Brazil
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 17:40:46 GMT 2024