Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Running into errors
icon4.gif  Running into errors [message #1707590] Mon, 07 September 2015 17:11 Go to next message
Christian Herrera is currently offline Christian HerreraFriend
I am trying to run code from a project on my USB drive. I click "build all," but when I try to run, I get is error:

Error starting process.
Exec_tty error:Cannot run program "/media/christian/USB30FD/Comp222/Comp222 Workspace/C book problems/Debug/C book problems": Unknown reason
Exec_tty error:Cannot run program "/media/christian/USB30FD/Comp222/Comp222 Workspace/C book problems/Debug/C book problems": Unknown reason

Help would be greatly appreciated since I am doing this for a Computer Science class in college. Thank you
Re: Running into errors [message #1707703 is a reply to message #1707590] Tue, 08 September 2015 14:59 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
"/media/christian/USB30FD/Comp222/Comp222 Workspace/C book problems/Debug/C book problems" looks like a directory name instead of an executable name.

What do you mean by " try to run"?
Are you running the programs from Eclipse or trying to?

If so, create a launcher for each executable. They are in project properties ==> Run/Debug Settings but you can also access them with the selectors next to the Debug and Run icons. One of these launchers is what you should be running.

If not, how are you starting the program?

[Updated on: Tue, 08 September 2015 15:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Downloading
Next Topic:Problem With C/C++ "fgets" on eclipse, Help !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:40:47 GMT 2024