Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to fix position of Export icon in Eclipse view
How to fix position of Export icon in Eclipse view [message #1707358] Fri, 04 September 2015 04:17 Go to next message
Ian Wark is currently offline Ian WarkFriend
It seems that the css or positioning logic in the Eclipse client is different to how browsers implement the same. The width of our custom BIRT report is long and causes a scroll bar to appear below the report. When you scroll across, the Export icon moves to the left and then disappears off the left of the display when you continue scrolling to the right. This seems to be the default behavior of other out-of-the-box BIRT reports too.

In comparison, the same report when displayed in Firefox uses positioning, such that the Export icon stays at the right of the page no matter you scroll to the right or not. Internet Explorer is the same.

As an experiment, we added the -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla option in Eclipse 4.2 and indeed Firefox does open in an external window when you open the report. But unfortunately the positioning here was not like the other Firefox; it was the same as Eclipse.

Is there some css you can apply to a report to get the same absolute positioning of the Export icon as Firefox or IE in the Eclipse client? How might we achieve that?

We are using the default Eclipse bundled with Rational Team Concert 4.0.2, so we have to use BIRT 2.6.2.

Image1 --> Eclipse client before scroll
Image2 --> Eclipse client after scrolling to the right
Image3 --> Comparison with Firefox. This is the behavior we are looking for in Eclipse. Here the Export icon is fixed to the right and not visible, but appears when you scroll to the right.

Please disregard the language of the attached screen captures. We look forward to any help you can provide.
  • Attachment: Image1.jpg
    (Size: 38.53KB, Downloaded 175 times)
  • Attachment: Image2.jpg
    (Size: 35.84KB, Downloaded 139 times)
  • Attachment: Image3.jpg
    (Size: 41.21KB, Downloaded 144 times)
Re: How to fix position of Export icon in Eclipse view [message #1707635 is a reply to message #1707358] Tue, 08 September 2015 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prue IIBO is currently offline prue IIBOFriend
please do could you tell me how you choose to run your report BIRT with Internet Explorer or Firefox?
I try to change my execution nagiteur but I can not. Currently report but c is exéutent with internet explorer but I do not know how BIRT chooses to use Internet Explorer.
Thank you!
Re: How to fix position of Export icon in Eclipse view [message #1707737 is a reply to message #1707635] Wed, 09 September 2015 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that it is Eclipse which decides which browser is used to run the report. I think Eclipse uses IE on Windows by default to display in the internal browser view. To change that to Firefox you can add -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla in the eclipse.ini. Otherwise, the only setting I know is in Eclipse preferences under General > Web Browser. You can choose the radio button to choose an external browser or to use the internal browser. http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-42.htm
Re: How to fix position of Export icon in Eclipse view [message #1707738 is a reply to message #1707737] Wed, 09 September 2015 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is someone able to give us some guidance on the original question?
Re: How to fix position of Export icon in Eclipse view [message #1708372 is a reply to message #1707738] Wed, 16 September 2015 04:10 Go to previous message
Is this a known defect?
Previous Topic:[Ecore ODA driver] access to attributes in Ecore conform model using birt data sets
Next Topic:Setting field separators for flat files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 01:44:27 GMT 2024