Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » JavaFX Sample Application not working(Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.emfforms.common error)
JavaFX Sample Application not working [message #1707087] Wed, 02 September 2015 08:27 Go to next message
Teohari Simona is currently offline Teohari SimonaFriend
Hello guys,

I will start by saying I am new in ECP and EMF topics, so if I have some dumb questions sorry for that. Smile
I am struggling to run the 'Make it happen: sample JavaFX application ' and I receive the error that is below.
Prerequisites:
0) JRE 1.8
1) Eclipse Modelling Tools - Eclipse Mars (4.5.0)
2) Update to the latest version of EMF Forms available from : http://download.eclipse.org/ecp/releases/releases_16/ (installed the ECP SDK 3.x)
3) Followed your tutorial from the blog at JavaFX Renderer. (installed e(fx)clipse 2.0.0, set the JavaFX target contained in the bundle "makeithappen_JavaFX.target" -> "Set as target platform".) However here I do not find the files specified: *.launch, but I have a product.
4) Run the product.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I also saw that the tutorial is based on ECP 1.5.x and I have 1.6 now after the update.

!SESSION 2015-09-02 11:05:12.097 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_40
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.emf.ecp.makeithappen.application.sample.fx.product -debugEMFForms
Command-line arguments: -product org.eclipse.emf.ecp.makeithappen.application.sample.fx.product -data D:\ESA\VIXE\eclipse_wspJavaFX/../runtime-makeithappen_fx.product -dev file:D:/ESA/VIXE/eclipse_wspJavaFX/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/makeithappen_fx.product/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog -debugEMFForms

!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.horizontal.fx 4 0 2015-09-02 11:05:14.151
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.horizontal.fx [10]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.model.fx; bundle-version="[1.3.0,2.0.0]"
-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.model.fx; bundle-version="1.7.0.201508111320"; singleton:="true"
org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.model.fx [61]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.emfforms.common; bundle-version="[1.7.0,2.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
Re: JavaFX Sample Application not working [message #1707227 is a reply to message #1707087] Thu, 03 September 2015 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Teohari,
ECP in Version 1.6 only support e(fx)clipse in version <2.0.0 . So in order to get everything running you need to do the following changes :
IDE:
- instead of e(fx)clipse version 2.0.0 as linked on the e(fx)clipse website you need to install the version 1.1.0 from here: Update Site 1.1.0
Target Platform:
- instead of the version 1.7 that is added to the target platform you need to manually select version 1.5 of the ecp.fx feature by allowing older version.

If you do this changes, then the demo should work.

ECP Version 1.7 that will be released together with the SR1 release of Eclipse Mars will support e(fx)clipse 2.0.0 .
The current RC1 of ECP 1.7 has still a bug which should be fixed with the RC2 that is due on Monday.
I would recommend to wait for the RC2 and use it instead of "downgrading" the e(fx)clipse version.

I hope this was not to confusing.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: JavaFX Sample Application not working [message #1707803 is a reply to message #1707227] Wed, 09 September 2015 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teohari Simona is currently offline Teohari SimonaFriend
Hello Eugen,

Thank you very much for the details provided. I was now able to see a working example with Java FX. Apparently I missed the details provided Sad :

For Emf Forms until 1.6, please use e(fx)eclipse 1.1
For Emf Forms 1.7, please use e(fx)eclipse 2.0

I have one more question. There is a possibility to see what are exactly the supported components and major restrictions when using Java FX? I am interested because I want to evaluate and choose the right renderer for my application.

"Please note that reference widgets and some view model elements are currently not supported by the JavaFX renderer."

Thank you,
Simona
Re: JavaFX Sample Application not working [message #1707890 is a reply to message #1707803] Thu, 10 September 2015 08:29 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi Simona,

unfortunatelly, we do not have a complete list of what is currently not
supported by the JavaFX renderer. In any case, the SWT renderer is
currently much wider in use and provides all features, as it is the
renference implementation.
However, we are interested in driving the JavaFX renderer forward. Any
contributions or sponsorship is welcome.
Also we would be interested in a list of features, that your currently
miss in teh JavaFX renderer.

Best regards

Jonas

Am 09.09.2015 um 15:00 schrieb Teohari Simona:
> Hello Eugen,
>
> Thank you very much for the details provided. I was now able to see a
> working example with Java FX. Apparently I missed the details provided :( :
>
> For Emf Forms until 1.6, please use e(fx)eclipse 1.1
> For Emf Forms 1.7, please use e(fx)eclipse 2.0
>
> I have one more question. There is a possibility to see what are exactly
> the supported components and major restrictions when using Java FX? I am
> interested because I want to evaluate and choose the right renderer for
> my application.
>
> "Please note that reference widgets and some view model elements are
> currently not supported by the JavaFX renderer."
>
> Thank you,
> Simona

--
--

Jonas Helming

Get professional Eclipse developer support:

http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:EMF Validation ?Bug? in EGenericTypeImpl
Next Topic:Display properties of an eObject (EMF)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:07:42 GMT 2024