Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT widget issue on Debian Jessie
SWT widget issue on Debian Jessie [message #1707057] Tue, 01 September 2015 21:39 Go to next message
Non Maskable is currently offline Non MaskableFriend
Hi. I have a simple SWT application with a TabFolder and a couple of TabItems. On Debian 7, the application looks and works fine, but the same application on Debian 8 has visually messed up TabItems. No folder graphic, but the selected item is underlined.

(I've tried attaching pictures but they don't appear to show up in preview)

index.php/fa/23091/0/
index.php/fa/23092/0/

One (more) odd thing, is that if I launch the application from within Eclipse Luna, it has the correct appearance.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Re: SWT widget issue on Debian Jessie [message #1707304 is a reply to message #1707057] Thu, 03 September 2015 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Gheorghe is currently offline Vlad GheorgheFriend
Hi,

It may be that that is the expected behaviour on the Debian 8 installation - it is probably how the Tabs are rendeded by the active GTK Theme.
Try to change the current GTK Theme to check if that's so -

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/x11/gtk-theme-switch
http://askubuntu.com/questions/361422/how-can-you-change-the-gtk-theme-and-window-decorations-separately-in-unity

Regards
Vlad
Re: SWT widget issue on Debian Jessie [message #1707324 is a reply to message #1707304] Thu, 03 September 2015 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't seem to be, as the control panels and other native applications (e.g. Settings->Appearance) all have a normal tab theme.

I think it has something to do with how SWT talks to GTK; apparently there are different versions and ways to interact with themed widgets even down to the minor release version level.

Eclipse Luna seems to be fine so there must be a way. It seems that Eclipse isn't just using the plain swt.jar file that is distributed for standalone applications.
Re: SWT widget issue on Debian Jessie [message #1707448 is a reply to message #1707057] Fri, 04 September 2015 18:48 Go to previous message
I appear to have found a workaround:

export SWT_GTK3=0

and this bug (as well as a few others I have found) all go away.
Previous Topic:[Solved] Segoe Ui semibold font creation
Next Topic:Some issues with layout and searching/filtering in a virtual table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:11:51 GMT 2024