Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Eclipse connection plugin(A question about developing an Eclipse plugin that would provide the user with controls to manage Jenkins)
Eclipse connection plugin [message #1706621] Fri, 28 August 2015 08:20 Go to next message
Matic Pajni269 is currently offline Matic Pajni269Friend
Hi,

I'm developing an Eclipse plugin that would provide the user with controls for managing Jenkins from within Eclipse. Since Jenkins is a fork from the Hudson project and this forum doesn't have a Jenkins chapter as far as I can see, I'm directing this question here.

Does anyone know of any existing plugins for Eclipse that would provide a connection with Hudson/Jenkins from within Eclipse?

So far I've only found Mylyn (an Eclipse plugin which enables the user to run and review Jenkins jobs from within Eclipse), but the part of its source code that deals with connections (connecting Eclipse with Jenkins is the first stage of my project) is too embedded into the whole Mylyn project for me to try to extract the code dealing only with connections without having major dependency issues.

So my question is again: does anyone know of any other existing plugins that deal with connecting Eclipse to Hudson/Jenkins?
Re: Eclipse connection plugin [message #1706950 is a reply to message #1706621] Tue, 01 September 2015 07:23 Go to previous message
Duncan Mills is currently offline Duncan MillsFriend

No, but both tools use a simple REST based API for allowing remote automation, just navigate to the /api url on your Hudson / Jenkins server for the doc entry point.

Duncan Mills
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Integrating Docker with Hudson
Next Topic:Multiple git repos required for 1 hudson job
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:42:24 GMT 2024