Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to use Spudsoft emitter and its Userproperties to export formula in birt report exporting?(Want to export excel formulas, so that when i export my report to excel, the formula gets executed and shown in excel sheet.)
How to use Spudsoft emitter and its Userproperties to export formula in birt report exporting? [message #1706363] Wed, 26 August 2015 09:37 Go to next message
Manikandan Arunachalam is currently offline Manikandan ArunachalamFriend
I am designing a birt report in which i need to use excel formulas like sum() etc. when we export to excel. BIRT default excel emitter does not exporting formulas in exported excel report, Here:bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/wiki/UserProperties says it allows formula export for birt report. I have installed BIRT4.4.1 version in this, uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitter.excel is comes with default birt. But it does not export the formulas in BIRT report.

What is the problem with that emitter? How to export formulas in BIRT report? Am i doing correct to export formula in BIRT report?

[Updated on: Mon, 14 September 2015 09:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to use Spudsoft emitter and its Userproperties to export formula in birt report exporting? [message #1708192 is a reply to message #1706363] Mon, 14 September 2015 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manikandan Arunachalam is currently offline Manikandan ArunachalamFriend
At last i have found the reason. recent version of BIRT spudsoft emitter has failed to export formulas in excel report, but replacing the new version class files of spudsoft emitter class files with old one solves this problem. so i am going to post a bug for this.

Thanks guys ....
Re: How to use Spudsoft emitter and its Userproperties to export formula in birt report exporting? [message #1718468 is a reply to message #1708192] Thu, 24 December 2015 08:22 Go to previous message
Javier Ww is currently offline Javier WwFriend
I have the same problem with Birt 4.5 (all in one for Mac). The default emitter is not able to export the formulas. Instead, each cell shows the formula and I have to edit the cell and hit <enter> to show the formula's result.

May I ask, how did you replace the spudsoft emitter class files? and where did you obtain the new class files?

Need help urgently, thank you.
Previous Topic:report designer 4.5 all-in-one errors
Next Topic:How to pass the value of one data set into the another dataset?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 16:34:02 GMT 2024