Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » SEVERE: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jersey.core.util.FeaturesAndProperties ( (Exception when using TomEE server in Eclipse))
SEVERE: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jersey.core.util.FeaturesAndProperties [message #1706218] Tue, 25 August 2015 06:40
sujata ghorpade is currently offline sujata ghorpadeFriend
Hi All,

I am a newbie.

I have a ClassNotFoundException when deploying the RESTful Dynamic Web Project.

I have the message as mentioned in my log.
"validateJarFile TomEE/WEB-INF\lib\com.sun.jersey.jersey-core-1.4.0.jar' contains offending class: javax.ws.rs.Path. It will be ignored"

I am using Eclipse Indigo, TomEE 1.7.2 and JDK/JRE 1.7

After referencing various forums I have learnt that the tomcat server ignores the class. As per suggestions I have tried the following options but to no avail.

a.) I have included the com.sun.jersey.jersey-core-1.4.0.jar(containing the com.sun.jersey.core.util.FeaturesAndProperties class) in WEB-INF/lib and added to the java build path

b.) Made changes in system.properties as mentioned at tip-jersey-client

c.) I have configured the Web Modules section for the server to include DocumentBase to point to D:\TomEE\apache-tomee-plus-1.7.2\webapps\tomee location and path as /tomee as mentioned at the link tomee-and-eclipse (Advanced installation).

The tomee folder was missing from the TomEE1.7.2 version so have copied it from TomEE1.7.1 and placed it appropriately.

Kindly guide me and help to resolve the error.
Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Problems starting GlassFish via GlassFish Tools
Next Topic:html code change not reflected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:40:19 GMT 2024