Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Problem installing Kura 1.2.1
Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1706178] Mon, 24 August 2015 12:58 Go to next message
Michael R. is currently offline Michael R.Friend
Hi,

i've tried to upgrade my Kura installation from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 but afterwards i couldn't access the Web-UI anymore.
So i tried to install it on a fresh raspbian installation (Raspbian (Model 2, with Web UI) - Stable) which led to the same problem.
When i'm trying to access the Web-Ui then there is only the message:

HTTP ERROR: 404
Problem accessing /kura. Reason:
ProxyServlet: /kura

kura.log contains no errors messages.
kura-console.log contains an error message which says that jdk.dio_1.0.1.jar is missing (i fixed this by adding the missing jar but this didn't resolve the 404 error)

Can you give me any advise how to fix this or is the current build broken?

Thanks and regards
Michael
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1706215 is a reply to message #1706178] Tue, 25 August 2015 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amit Kumar Mondal is currently offline Amit Kumar MondalFriend

Hi Michael,

The probable reason of getting such a 404 error is that the web container bundle inside the Equinox OSGi container doesn't find any servlet on "/" (web root). It is because of the delay of the bundles to get started after a device restart or a bundle update. I would suggest you to restart your machine and wait for few minutes after the restart to boot up Kura successfully.

If this doesn't solve your problem, execute the following command on the console.

telnet localhost 5002

This will get you inside the Kura's Equinox Console and once you're inside the OSGi console, execute ss command. This will enlist all the bundles deployed in the Equinox container. Here you should see all the bundles must be in the ACTIVE state unless you have any fragment bundle which would be in RESOLVED state.

Execute the ls command as well which will enlist all the Declarative Services Component in the container. Here you will find all in ACTIVE state as well.

If you find any discrepancy in the outputs of both the commands, it would be good if you can post it here.

Hope it helps.

Amit Kumar Mondal
Email: admin@amitinside.com

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2015 04:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1706223 is a reply to message #1706178] Tue, 25 August 2015 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Amit,

i waited some time after restarting the pi as you said but unfortunately nothing changed and the error message keeps the same.I already had a look at the bundle states bevore but there was nothing which looks suspicious for me.
Nevertheless i attached the output of the two commands.

Thanks and regards

Michael

--------- EDIT: ---------------

I found the problem. Comparing the list of bundles of my running 1.2.0 installation with the 1.2.1 one I discovered that the kura.web bundle was missing. I checked the prebuild .deb files and none of them contains the kura.web bundle. Maybe something went wrong while building the packages or creating the links.

I installed the kura.web bundle via the osgi console which solves the problem.
I will try to build the current version of the bundle from source now.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2015 07:33]

Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1706237 is a reply to message #1706223] Tue, 25 August 2015 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh I see. I think you have built Kura without the web bundle.

Build with CAN support

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -f manifest_pom.xml -Pcan clean install

Build without CAN support

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -f manifest_pom.xml clean install

Build with web UI

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -f pom_pom.xml -Pweb clean install

Build without web UI

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -f pom_pom.xml clean install

Just for your reference.

Amit Kumar Mondal
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1706247 is a reply to message #1706237] Tue, 25 August 2015 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to make things clear Smile . I didn't build Kura from source but i used the provided installers from here:
http://www.eclipse.org/kura/downloads.php

All packages I checked don't contain the web bundle although the description says they do (like "Raspbian (Model 2, with Web UI) - Stable" for example).
The previous versions from the download page worked without a problem.

Due to this problem i built Kura from source now which worked without problems.
Thanks for your help Amit!
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1706258 is a reply to message #1706247] Tue, 25 August 2015 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Then I think it needs to be reported to the Kura Dev Team for the correction. Anyways you are welcome and also thanks for such a good finding. It will surely help Kura Team to rectify the discrepancy.

Amit Kumar Mondal
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1706687 is a reply to message #1706258] Fri, 28 August 2015 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue. The wrong artifacts were indeed uploaded. The problem has been corrected. Let me know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1731602 is a reply to message #1706687] Sat, 07 May 2016 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chandra kumar verma is currently offline chandra kumar vermaFriend
Hi Dave,

I have install "Raspbian (Model 2, with Web UI) - Stable" this package.
after intsllation , I am not able to open the Kura UI.
Pleas guide how to install kura on rashberry..
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1731721 is a reply to message #1731602] Mon, 09 May 2016 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Please check the log files (/var/log/kura.log and /var/log/kura-console.log) for any errors. Also, login to the OSGi console and report the output of the 'ss' and 'ls' commands.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1758983 is a reply to message #1731721] Wed, 05 April 2017 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iqbal elfaita is currently offline iqbal elfaitaFriend
Hello all,

Can someone tell me How to check that kura web was installed correctly ?

Thanks
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1759065 is a reply to message #1758983] Wed, 05 April 2017 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

The easiest way is to browse to the IP address of the unit where Kura is installed. For most platforms, this is hosted on port 80. If you are using the Intel Edison distribution, the port will be 8080.

You can also login to the OSGi console and issue the ls command. You should see something like:

38 Active org.eclipse.kura.web.Console org.eclipse.kura.web(bid=82)

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1759077 is a reply to message #1759065] Wed, 05 April 2017 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iqbal elfaita is currently offline iqbal elfaitaFriend
Hello,

I checked the "ls" command in osgi console and i found that the kura.console.web status is "unsatisfied". so what is it mean ?? is the kura web not installed in the machine ?? and how to fix it ??

*I attached the SS of kura.console.web status below
NB : I used kura 2.1.0 version and raspbian jessie with pixel (PC version of raspbian, not in raspberry pi)

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 05 April 2017 23:51]

Re: Problem installing Kura 1.2.1 [message #1759602 is a reply to message #1759077] Thu, 13 April 2017 18:00 Go to previous message
Hello,

The Kura installers are tested against specific platforms (Raspberry Pi 2/3, Raspberry Pi B+, Intel Edison, etc.). Kura has native libraries which are compiled for specific architectures. My guess is the native libraries are not loading for your platform. You can verify by checking the contents of /var/log/kura-console.log. There are several posts in this forum for compiling the needed libraries for different architectures.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Kura problem, Disconnect from cloud service
Next Topic:Java swing on Kura in OSGI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:32:27 GMT 2024