Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » RCP and Sirius(Build RCP eclipse application with Sirius specified plugins)
RCP and Sirius [message #1705842] Wed, 19 August 2015 12:35 Go to next message
Tiago Jorge is currently offline Tiago JorgeFriend
Hi!

Sirius is great for specifying a costume modeling environment.
The plugin I develop with Sirius, as a specifier, I can debug by launching a guest eclipse instance, and the end user can use by installing them in his/her eclipse host.

But lets say I want to build a RCP standalone application for this end user, so that he can use the modeling environment I have specified without any installation concerns or other non needed unrelated eclipse functionality.

I only recently started to learn about RCP development, just like with Sirius, only to the point where I can export a product bundled with all the plugins I used to develop my modeling environment (including the ecore plugin and the Sirius one with the .odesign file) plus their dependencies.

The problem is now I have an eclipse product without any UI, of course because I still have to learn how to define the application model etc. That is okay. The thing I am not grasping right now is where and how will I integrate the UI already defined?/used? in these plugins (the same UI the end user sees when using my Sirius specified environment) with the application model I am going to build in my RCP?

Probably I am confusing things due to my inexperience, but the general question is (and I hope this is still a valid forum thread to ask, apologies if not):
When I build a RCP out of existing plugins (pretty common I guess), how is the UI/application model I am defining from scratch intersects with the UI I already see when using those same plugins (but installed in my normal eclipse IDE)?

Re: RCP and Sirius [message #1706035 is a reply to message #1705842] Fri, 21 August 2015 09:26 Go to previous message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi !

There is a similar thread here :
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1058547/. Take a look on the
Laurent answer which gives an example link that may help you.

Regards,

--
Florian - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Properties view usability
Next Topic:[ANN] New online tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:33:12 GMT 2024