Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Plugin - some resource images won't load?(Some of my embedded graphics show, but a few show the "red box" instead)
Plugin - some resource images won't load? [message #1705393] Fri, 14 August 2015 14:21 Go to next message
Michael Tutty is currently offline Michael TuttyFriend
I'm loading images from the icons/ folder, using ImageDescriptor.createFromFile(class, path). Out of the two dozen or more images I'm using, I have four (all on the same window) that show the default red box instead.

The file names are not very different from others that load fine, and all are loaded (from the same source JAR) in the same way. The files are in the JAR file, just like all the others.

Ideas on how to debug this?
Re: Plugin - some resource images won't load? [message #1705610 is a reply to message #1705393] Mon, 17 August 2015 19:19 Go to previous message
Erika Redmark is currently offline Erika RedmarkFriend
I've had image loading issues before, but from icons defined in extension points, not directly via code.

I assume all the images are of the same filetype? You said that the red boxes appear only in one window, so if you change that window to try to show another image, one that you know is loading, do you still get a red box? Is that window defined by a class in a different package than the others that are working?

The issues I had involved the plugin id not being a prefix of the extension point id, which caused some (apparently undocumented) bundle load issues to occur. So, a plugin id of com.company.moose and an extension point declaring a command of id com.company.somethingelse would not load any icons. (This is with Eclipse 3.x). I don't think this is exactly your problem though.

If those aren't it, thankfully you are in code and not dealing with an extension point issue, so the only other thing I could think of would be to step debug into the actual image loading function and see where it fails.
Previous Topic:Update a feature of a RCP product
Next Topic:Create a common delta pack bundle of an RCP application that runs in all the OS ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:56:59 GMT 2024